Thursday, February 3, 2011

Chapter One

Bella

It's the first week back at school since Christmas break at Forks High School. I couldn't believe that I was already in the search of my best friend Alice Brandon. I knew that I was going to be late for fifth period, but I didn't see Alice at lunch.

I started checking the bathrooms, coming up empty handed. I sighed and moved my way to the fourth bathroom, listening as the warning bell rang signaling lunch was over.

"Hopefully your in this one Alice." I mumbled before pushing through the heavy white door.

The bathroom was empty, and I almost turned to leave until I heard a sniffle. I would know that sniffle a mile away, and knew immediately the cause behind the sniffles; Edward Cullen.

I pushed on the unlocked door, revealing Alice sitting on the top of the toilet, feet sitting on the lidded bowl. She used one hand to hold her head up, while the other one was covering her face.

I sighed before grabbing the toilet paper, unrolling some before handing it over to Alice.

"Here, it's more absorbent then your hand."

Alice grabbed it, rubbing her nose before mumbling out, "H-how did y-you find me?"

I let out a little chuckle. "When you didn't show up at lunch, I started searching the bathrooms. This was the fourth one I tried."

I saw a panic flash across her face. "Where are the others?"

I rolled my eyes before answering her. "Char and Jasper went to class. Peter is standing outside waiting."

Alice sniffled, and I knew what was next. "Why can't I get a guy like Peter?"

"Oh, you mean someone that's not a fucking asshole?" I mumbled. I saw hurt flash in her eyes. "He's the reason your crying, isn't it? Edward is always the reason you cry!" I screeched

Alice nodded her head.

"What happened this time?" I asked.

"We got into a fight."

"About what?"

Alice groaned. "You don't have to talk to me like I'm a damn child!" She pushed past me, and walked to the sink. She's your friend, you love her. I kept repeating to myself.

"I'm sorry. I just care about you, and you and Edward always fight. He's such a dickhead to you." I said softly, walking to the sink.

"Yeah, but this fight really was my fault."

I looked at her like she had just grown another head. Did she really just say that? "And how the fuck is that?"

"I had to stay late at school and work on the yearbook. Well, when I got ready to leave, my car wouldn't start." I looked at her to continue. "Emmett offered to give me a ride home, but I told him I had to stop and get some things at the store for dinner. He said it was no problem because he needed to stop at the store to get some stuff as well."

"And how is this your fault?"

"Well, I guess small town, word got back to Edward. I tried to tell him what happened, but he just got pissed and walked off."

"Your point?"

"My point is, I'm Edward Cullen's girlfriend. I shouldn't have gone anywhere with another guy."

"Oh please!" I yelled. "Emmett is dating Rosalie Hale. According to him, the sun rises and sets on her!"

"Are you trying to say that if you were in my shoes, Peter wouldn't care that you went somewhere with another guy?"

I chuckled. "Nope, he'd just wanna know if I had fun and what all we did."

Alice rolled her eyes. "Yeah, right."

I got defensive. "It is right! Peter trusts me, and knows that I love him and would never cheat on him. You and Edward have been going out since like seventh grade, he should fucking trust you with his life!"

"That's what I told Edward, but he's still pissed at me."

"That sounds like Edward's problem and he just needs to be knocked off his high horse. I'll gladly take one for the team and knock him down." I threw an innocent smile at the end. Alice smiled, just a little bit, but I saw it.

"I think it's other things to. I got a full scholarship to Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising in Los Angeles."

I couldn't help but hug her tightly. Alice has worked her tiny ass off to get into that college. And because her family didn't have a lot of money to send her to college, she worked even harder to get a scholarship.

"Congratulations! But I don't see that as a problem with Edward." I asked, confused.

"Edward wants me to go to Seattle with him to college."

"What?" I yelled. No way!

"He said if I loved him, I would stay with him."

I groaned. "How can he expect you to change your future, your life goal, just to stay with him? He should he jumping for joy and asking if you need help packing."

"Oh, don't act like your making changes with Peter." I sighed. She had a point; Peter and I were both going to go to Seattle University next fall.

"Point taken. But he should still be happy for you."

I watched as she quickly combed through her hair, and reapplied her makeup. I had told her many times that she didn't need that crap. Alice was a bombshell standing at five foot four inches, beautiful blonde hair, and the bluest eyes you could imagine. She had to make sure her clothes were in season and always had make-up on.

Now me on the other hand, I stood at five foot five inches, dirty blonde hair and dull blue eyes. I hated wearing make-up and I didn't care if what I was wearing was last season.

"Don't let Edward make you do something you shouldn't do. If he loves you, he'll give you the space you need and accept the fact that you got into college."

"You sound like my mother!" Alice cringed.

"Hey! No need to insult me!" Alice and I both laughed, ending the conversation.

I was running late after school, having to get my homework from the class I missed. I practically ran down the hall towards my locker.

I was almost there when I tripped over air. I braced myself for the floor, but only felt warm, strong arms wrap around me.

"Watch it baby." Peter chuckled. I opened my eyes and saw my boyfriend's blue eyes and scruffy chin.

I let out a small growl before quickly kissing him and wiggling to get out of his arms. He laughed and let me go. I grabbed my books out of my locker, and we started walking towards Peter's truck.

Oh that truck, how I love thee. It's a common joke between Peter and I that I was only dating him for his truck. I moaned almost every time I saw it. He had a white Chevrolet 2500HD crew cab. And thank God for that back seat, as it tended to see a lot of action.

We were almost to the truck when we heard tires screeching and yelling. I turned to see Alice walking along the street, followed by Edwards Volvo. I called it his bitch car most of the time, and always laughed when he got pissed off at me.

"Alice, come on!" I heard him yell. Alice kept on walking, completely ignoring him. "Alice, get in the fucking car!"

"Ally, everything alright?" I watched as she slightly jumped. She had just blocked everything out.

"Y..yes." She stuttered.

"Need a ride home? We got room." I hollered over to her.

"She has a ride, if she'd get in the damn car." Edward yelled at me. I took a step forward, really tired of his sorry ass. I felt Peter grab my arm and shake his head. Fuck. That.

Alice sighed, "I got one, but thank you." I watched helplessly as she got in the car, and Edward sped out of the parking lot, screeching his tires.

"What the fuck!" I yelled out.

"Come on babe, let's go." I felt a tear slide down my cheek, whether it was from being sad, or pissed off, I wasn't sure.

One thing I was sure about, Alice didn't have to get in Edward's car, yet she did.

No comments:

Post a Comment