Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Chapter Eight



Jared

I couldn't believe it, nor did I want to. The last two weeks have been nothing but Isabella Dwyer. I was getting so tired of that name, yet it kept coming up everywhere I went.

Come to find out, since Billy and Jake are the last blood family Isabella has, she didn't really have a choice in the matter; she had to move to La Push and live with Billy and Jake.

The only thoughts that came from Jake when he is phased are, yep you guessed it, Isabella.

Since we found out that bit of information, Embry joined us. He thought it was pretty cool and was having fun with his new size. I did feel bad though. We all knew that Seth and Quil will be phasing soon, which would leave Leah all alone.

We all tried to ignore the thought, but it never went away. Sam took it the worse though. He sees it as he already hurt Leah, and this would hurt her even more.

"Hey Jared, what do you think of this Isabella chick?" Paul asked.

I thought about how to respond. We had found out from Sam that she had a record, granted she lost her family, but still. Giving up I answered with, "I think she's a spoiled brat and needs to get her shit together."

"I wonder if she's hot." He thought out loud. I rolled my eyes, he was such a player. In the like three weeks he's been here, he's hooked up with more girls then I have the entire time I've lived here.

"Why does it matter? She's probably some party whore. Ya pretty sure I'll pass on that one thank you."

Paul just laughed at me as we stripped down and phased. I was really glad to have to patrol tonight. It meant that I didn't have to meet this Isabella chick. I could see her now, some snobby little rich bitch. She probably got whatever she wanted, or threw a fit until she got it.

"Oh, so you think she whines like a little bitch like you." Paul thought. I felt a growl rumble in my chest.

"I do not whine like a little bitch. That one is all you when you don't get laid." I laughed my mind.

"I always get laid. You know why? Because I AM the man." I started laughing, but it came out as a bark. I came to a skidding halt, trying to catch my breath. I looked at Paul just as he was rolling his eyes. "Whatever. Get your lazy ass to work." He growled.

Still laughing, I trotted into the opposite direction. Thoughts of numerous girls filled my mind, some that were walking on the beach, while others were running around a room naked.

"Paul, really? I don't need to see the nasty ass chicks you hook up with. I don't even wanna know how many STD's you have now or have had."

"Ha, that's one of the pluses of being a wolf. STD's don't bother me!" Now it was my turn to roll my eyes.

We ran silently for the next three hours. I let my mind wonder. When I first phased, I completely hated it. I thought it ruined my life, as well as those of everyone around me. I hated that I had to basically stop all communication with my family. My brother hated me, and my mom looked at me sadly. I think she knew, and just felt sorry for me.

When Embry phased, I thought he was going to hate me. At first he wouldn't listen to me, but after talking to Sam, Paul and Jake, he calmed down and talked to me. I explained to him that I didn't want to ignore him, but I had to for his safety. He agreed and forgot, and we hugged and moved on.

Now, I think it's the best thing that has happened to me. My life had meaning, something that would come of it. Some of the pack probably thought of it as being stuck here, but when you think about it, it's more than that.

We are protecting our tribe. Protecting our people from the mythical world they didn't even know existed.

"Dude, shut up!" I groaned just now remembering that Paul was still in my head. "Ha, not for much longer. I'm going to head to Jake's and see if Sam is there yet. He needs to know that we haven't found anything."

"Right, you just want to check out the new chick!" I laughed out. I watched as Paul rolled his eyes and ran off towards Jake's house.

When he finally phased back, I was happy to know my thoughts were my own once again. I felt my mind wondering to Isabella Dwyer; wait, would it be Isabella Black now? Well, whatever it was, for some reason I was thinking of her.

What would she really be like? I mean she is Billy's daughter, but she also grew up away from him. Would she actually be a bitch? Or a nice person? I ended up with my answer sooner than I would have thought.

I heard someone mumbling about a mile or so and realized it was Paul from the smell. I could tell he wasn't in a good mood.

"Dude, what's wrong?" I asked.

"She's a fucking bitch!" He almost yelled in my mind.

"What do you mean?" Before he asked answered, he was remembering something. It flowed through my mind, moving in front of my eyes like a damn movie.

I was walking up to Billy Black's house. I heard Billy moving somewhere within the house. The screeching of his wheelchair wheels along the wood flooring.


The smell of strawberries and lilacs hit me. It almost made my mouth water, almost. The smell however was enough to make a small moan build in my chest and try to escape.


I raised my hand to knock on the small tanned door. I heard a small sigh, then soft footsteps coming towards the door.


A small, petite woman answered. My guess was this was the famous Isabella Dwyer. I watched as she checked Paul out, and was sure he was smirking and being a smug asshole.


She was wearing tight jeans, and I was pretty sure they looked good on her small ass. Her tank top was snug and hugged all her curves in all the right places. She had long brown, almost black, waist length hair. Her tanned skin gave hint to our background.


She had many of Billy's facial features, but definitely some I didn't recognize from her mother. Just the thought of her mother, brought to the forefront of everything she's been through.


Someone cleared their throat, causing her to bring her attention off Paul's body. I noticed not once did Paul look Isabella in the eyes. We always made fun of him, saying that he was going to imprint, even though he didn't want to.


"Can I help you?" She stuttered out. She seemed nervous and almost scared. Maybe she's not a bitch like I thought she would be Paul looked down her body again. I'm pretty sure I heard a small growl. And it wasn't from Paul. "My fucking eyes are up here dick!" And there's the bitch.


"Hmm feisty, I like em feisty."


"To bad I don't like you." She almost spat.


"Oh trust me, you will. But in the mean time, I'm looking for Sam."


She rolled her eyes. "He's not here, so get fucking lost." Then the door got slammed in my face.

I couldn't help it, I busted up laughing. "Dude, she totally turned your sorry ass down!"

"Whatever. The chick doesn't know what she's missing!" Paul shouted.

"Oh, and please tell, what would that be?" I egged him on.

"I am the man. I'm hot, my body is hot, and I have a nice car. I get all the hot chicks, and keep em coming back, begging for more. Oh yeah, I am the man."

"Sounds more like a man whore if you ask me." I chuckled out. I watched as he ran off mumbling something about not being a man whore.

I continued on my route and thought back to what he said. Yeah, we had nice bodies and good looks. I think it was our spirit elders' way of making up for the fate given to us. We had no choice in moving away, or protecting the tribe. Hell, we didn't even have the choice on who our mate was.

Hopefully I was one of the ones that don't imprint. I want to pick someone that I wanted to pick. Not someone who was basically forced to be with me, and vice versa.

But I guess I also wanted to go to college and get out of here. I don't have that choice any longer. At first it bothered me, but then I got over it. It was the only thing I could do; get over it. That's how my life went lately. Something bad happens, you can only do with it what you can, then move on and get over it.

It was a couple hours later that Embry and Jacob came out to take over patrol. I was getting tired and hungry, so I was more than happy to phase and head home.

"I'm supposed to tell you guys that you can head back to my house. There's still a lot of food left over. Surprised? Yeah me to. Isabella ain't that of a cook either."

"She might be, but she's a fucking bitch dude. I feel sorry for you!" Paul grumbled.

"She's had a hard couple of months. But yeah, I agree with you, she can be a bitch. Although it was pretty cool when she put you in your place!" Jake laughed. I really tried to hold in the chuckle that was lodged in my chest, but had no such luck. It came tumbling out of my mouth making me almost double over in laughter. It was so much better since I actually saw him get turned down.

"Fuck you guys. I'm out of here!" Paul yelled.

I said bye to the guys and headed towards my house. I was too tired to deal with meeting Ms. Bitch today.

I fell asleep that night, dreaming of the blonde haired beauty that has been the star of my dreams for awhile now.

No comments:

Post a Comment