Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Chapter Seven



Bella

I sat there smirking at the shocked face of Anna. She stood there with her mouth slightly in an 'O', probably debating on what to say. Finally she just shook her head, mumbled, "I'm tired of this, she can just stay the night in here," before walking off.

I just laughed. Really, what was I suppose to do? I'm sixteen, drunk, my life has gone to hell, and I'm sitting in the one place that the old Bella wouldn't dare to think about. My mind started to wonder about what all Anna knew. Did she know why Billy Black walked away from my mother and me? What did he really think of us? He probably left because he didn't want the responsibility of raising me. Or he thought I wasn't good enough for him. That thought got me fired up all over again. He didn't think I was good enough for him, and his perfect little world, so he left. He just walked away from me.

When it fucking came down to it, he probably wasn't good enough for me. He's probably some drunk or druggy sitting in jail or prison. I couldn't help but laugh at the image of him sitting in jail. The hookerish drunk woman beside me looked at me like I had gone crazy. Actually, maybe I have. This thought, of course, sent me on a whole new laughing spur. After about five minutes of the hookerish drunk woman staring at me, I finally had enough.

"Can I fucking help you with something?"

All she did was shake her head and mumble, "such a waste" before looking back at the wall.

"I'm such a waste? Really? Look at you! You don't know shit about me, so shut the fuck up!" I yelled.

"Quiet in there!" The guard boomed.

It got really quiet all around me, which just left me with my thoughts. Not a good place to go when you're drunk. Was this life really worth living anymore? No. Would my life ever be normal again? No. I felt myself start to slide into unconsciousness, as thoughts of my shitty life came forth in my mind. The weird thing is, the more I thought about death, and wanting to die, I felt like there was a rope pulling me through, not letting me give up. Like something major was about to happen, something that could and would change my life, forever. I mumbled out "I love you James, please come back to me," before passing out.

"Isabella Dwyer!" I groaned, not wanting to move. "Isabella Dwyer! Wake-up you made bail!" Hmm, that perked me up a little bit. I slowly sat up and watched as everything around me began to spin.

"Ugh!" I flinched at the sound of my own voice. Okay, no talking loud, Bella. I slowly stood up and made my way to the door to the cell. With every step, I felt like my head was going to explode. I flinched as the door squeaked open. Looks like today won't be my day. When I looked at Anna, my statement was correct. She wasn't happy. I actually think if her face could get anymore red it would, then spin around in a circle. I really wanted to laugh at that, but knew it would only cause me more pain, so I didn't do anything but look at the concrete floor.

I was silent as they gathered my items and handed them to me. I was silent on the way to the car, once in the car, and all the way home. That was normal for me to be silent. Anna, however, not so much. I knew she was disappointed and pissed. But I really could care less. She knew shit and she wasn't willing to share so fuck her! We got to the house and I quickly, well as quickly as I could the way my body was moving, and tried to hurry into the house. I made it to the stairs and heard the front door slam shut.

"Isabella Marie!" Whoa, she's pissed! I ignored her and started up the stairs. "I'm guessing what you are accusing me of is Billy Black?" I stopped dead in my tracks. Yep, she's got my attention.

"What do you know?"

"Well after the shitty stunt you pulled last night, I don't think you deserve to know."

"Oh, you mean I don't have the right to know about my real father?" I yelled.

"After what you did? No! Your acting just like him though!"

"Fuck you!" I screamed before heading to my room. This is bullshit! What gave her the right to determine whether I knew anything about Billy Black?

That's how it went for two weeks. I ignored Anna. I literally went out of my way so I didn't see her. I would sneak out at night and go drink. Then it changed all in one night. I was getting ready to go out. Anymore I didn't care what I wore, as long as it was clothing. It was only around 8 at night, so I knew Anna was still up and probably down stairs. Oh well. I walked out of my room and almost made it to the door when I heard her.

"Isabella!" I tried to ignore her, I really did. I just kept walking until I felt her pull my arm. "Isabella Marie!"

"What do you fucking want?"

"You are not going out. Go back to your room." She has the nerve to tell me what to do?

"Fuck you, you aren't my mother." I no more then got the word mother out, before I heard a snack and a sting on my cheek. "Did you really just fucking slap me?" I laughed out. After all the shit I've been through, she really thought slapping me was going to cause me pain?

"Go to your room."

"Fuck you bitch." She went to slap me again, but I was faster than her. I grabbed her wrist right before she hit me. "You fucking hit me again, and you'll regret it." I whispered harshly.

"I don't know what to do about you Bella! Do you want me to send you away? Let you stay in jail? What?" She yelled.

"Simple, leave me the fuck alone!" Before she could say another word, the doorbell rang. I rolled my eyes and walked over to the door flinging it open with a, "can I fucking help you?"

"Isabella Dwyer?" I nodded my head to confirm that I was Isabella Dwyer. "Please sign here."

"What am I signing for?"

"Ma'am, please just sign here." I signed the paper before the gentleman handed me a large envelope. "Have a good evening." And with that he turned and walked away. I opened the envelope and started reading through the papers. The more I read, the more I became pissed off.

"So this is what you fucking meant by send me away?" I yelled.

"I don't know what you're talking about Bella." Anna stated calmly. I threw her the papers and watched as she read through the papers. I watched her face closely, first was shock, and then slowly the shock turned into anger. So she didn't know.

"What the hell is this?" She yelled. "He didn't want you. That's why he told your mom to leave, what made him change his mind?" Anna mumbled. Just hearing 'he didn't want you' was enough to get me riled up again.

"Oh well, I won't go. Peace!" I yelled walking out the door.

Once I got to the party, I didn't waste any time. I grabbed a shot of vodka, and downed it. Some chick handed me some other shot and I downed it to. I grabbed some other drink that had alcohol in it before walking around and talking to people. I got pulled out onto the dance floor numerous times. Every time I danced with a guy, it felt weird. They weren't the hands I wanted on me. And the more I thought about James's hands on me, the more they felt wrong. I didn't want my mind to think, so I would make it fuzzy. And fuzzy it went.

I don't remember the rest of the night, nor do I remember passing out. But I do know I woke up with a huge hangover by the pool outside, with some guy on one side of me and a chick on the other. I quickly looked to make sure my clothing was still on and sighed when I saw that it was. I really didn't need nor want that experience in this life time. I stood up, slowly, and stretched before walking through the house. People were passed out all over the place, as well as beer bottles and plastic cups all over the place. I walked through the front door and saw someone getting in their car.

"Hey! Can you give me a ride, please?"

"Sure, come on." She smiled at me. I half jogged, half walked over to her car. I gave her the directions to the house, and we remained silent the way there. It was only about a five minute drive, and she dropped me off at the end of the drive way. I slowly started my walk towards the house. When I saw two vehicles I didn't recognize, I picked up my pace. When I opened the door, I heard people talking.

"Why now? She's gone through enough." Anna stated.

"She needs to come back to where she belongs." A man's voice replied calmly. Are they talking about me? I closed the door, louder then I needed to, and started towards the stairs.

"Bella!" Anna called. I groaned, really not wanting to deal with this. I drug my ass into the living room, and kept my eyes on the floor.

"Yes."

"Bella, please come sit down." I looked up and saw the lawyer that worked with my parents, a guy in a business suit and another man in a wheel chair. I briefly looked at Anna, before my eyes brought me back to the man in the wheel chair. He looked familiar, almost like I should know him. I walked over to Anna, before plopping myself down beside her. I heard someone sigh and looked to see that the man in the wheel chair looked like he might cry.

"Bella, this is about the papers you received last night."

"What about them? I'm not going." I stated stubbornly.

"Isabella, you have no say in the matter. We have the paper work stating that you are to move to La Push, Washington, to live with Billy Black. You are to pack and leave today." The man in the suit said.

"Like hell I am." I looked at our lawyer. "Do something!"

"Bella, what he says is true. I cannot do anything about it. Billy Black is your only blood relative, and, since you are a minor, you must go. I'm so sorry."

"Bella, I know this is hard..." Anna started.

"Hard? I have to move to another fucking state with a man I don't even know! A man who never fucking wanted me!" I yelled.

"I've always wanted you Isabella." The man in the wheel chair said. Well I guess that's Mr. Billy Black.

"Whatever." I stated before getting up and walking to my room. I started throwing things into bags, not caring that they would get wrinkled. I was throwing shit around my room for about an hour before I grabbed my bags and walked down stairs. Once Billy and his lawyer saw me, they walked towards the door. Anna started walking towards me and pulled me into a hug.

"I'll send the rest of your stuff, please keep in contact. I love you." She mumbled into my neck. I just nodded my head and fallowed the two guys outside.

I stayed quiet all the way to the airport. I only spoke when needed to at the airport, then listened to my Ipod on the flight. Anytime they tried to talk to me, I would just glare at them, roll my eyes and look away. They finally just left me alone.

When the flight landed in Seattle, Washington, I groaned. It drizzling and cold. I yanked on my carry on hoodie, while walking to pick up my bags. I watched as Billy shook his lawyers hand with a 'thank you', and watched said lawyer walk away. I didn't know what we were waiting for, just standing there.

While we were waiting for us to drown to death in Seattle, Washington, I actually looked at my sperm donor. I looked a lot like him. My hair wasn't black, but it was a dark brown. I knew I got this from him because my mom is, was, blonde. I had his chocolate brown eyes; my skin was a couple shades lighter than his due to my mom's uh... well paleness.

"Listen, Isabella, it was never the case of me not wanting you."

I looked at him dumbfounded. "Whatever." I quietly stated.

"Isabella-"

"Bella." I cut him off.

"Fine, Bella-" He was once again cut off, this time by an older truck making its way towards us. I watched as the old truck came to a stop in front of us and a guy got out, he looked to be around twenty five or so. I'm pretty sure I had some drool coming out of my mouth. He was fucking hot. And that body, those dark mysterious eyes. I'm pretty sure I moaned, causing him to smirk at me.

"Bella, this is Sam Uley, he's a police officer in La Push. Sam, this is my..." I glared at him, "Bella. Shall we get on the road?"

"Will that thing even make it?" I asked.

"Yes, it made it here, it will make it back. Unless you care to walk?" Sam asked sarcastically. I rolled my eyes and looked at the truck.

"Where am I supposed to sit?" The truck was just a single cab, and the size of those two, there would be no room.

"Well you got two choices, you can sit in the middle or sit in the back. I don't care either way, but pick or you will be walking home." Wow what an asshole! I looked at Billy, only to see him trying to hide his chuckle. I growled, throwing my shit in the back of the truck and sitting in the middle. No way in hell was I going to sit in the back and get fucking wet. I heard a tarp rustle, then the door open and slam shut. I gave Sam Uleyan evil glare, before putting my ear buds back in and ignoring those two talking.

I felt a nudge and looked up to see we had stopped in front of a smaller red house. It was cute, but small compared to what I was used to. It had a pretty good sized yard and was surrounded by the forest.

Looking around, all I saw was green. I turned the other side and saw the ocean in the distance. I smiled at that. It might not be that bad of a place.

"Dad!" I turned and saw a guy that looked to be the same age as Mr. Asshole. I smirked at my new nickname for him.

"Jake. Come-on out here. Bella this is Jacob, your brother. Jake, this is Bella." Before I could say anything, my body was being crushed into a hug and my feet were dangling above the ground.

"Air... Can't...Breathe..."

"Oops, sorry Bella. I'm just so excited to meet you!" He put me down, and I got a good look at him. We looked alike in everything that came back to Billy.

"Uh, nice to meet you." I stuttered, still gasping for air. Damn that boy is strong. Boy? Did you see his body? He's all man.

"Well come on in. I'll show you to your room." I followed him inside the small house. It smelled woodsy, and you could really tell that men lived here. Where's Jake's mom?

"It's probably small compared to what you're used to, but it keeps you warm and dry." I nodded my head looking around the small bedroom. It was a sky blue color, with a bed, dresser, and desk. I saw a really small closet and wanted to laugh. Not even half of my clothes would fit in there! "I'll leave you to get settled in." And then he walked out of the door.

I looked around and saw that my bags were brought in, so I walked over to them and started unpacking them. I put my jeans in the bottom drawer, shirts in the middle, and bras, underwear and swimsuits in the top. I saw a picture on top the dresser, and picked it up looking at it. It was of Billy, Mom, and I at the beach. They were smiling at each other, looking all in love.

I wanted to laugh at that. Billy didn't want me. He didn't love me or my mom. I put the picture down, facing the wall so I didn't have to look at it. I didn't want to have to think about Billy and my mom together. Happily in love, once upon a time. My stomach yelled at me, so I sighed and walked out the door. I heard voices coming from a room and slowed my pace.

"Jake, she thinks I didn't want her."

"So tell her the truth."

"I can't. Plus she wouldn't believe me."

"Uh, sorry to interrupt and all, but do you have anything to snack on?" I asked walking into the room.

"Yeah, sorry. I'm making dinner now. Hope you like hamburgers." I nodded and fallowed Billy into the kitchen. I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw at least eight pounds of hamburger there. "Sorry, the boys eat a lot." Billy chuckled.

"Riiiight... Ok... well... let's get started." We made small talk while forming the patties. Once that was done, I started cutting potatoes for french fries. I found out that I wouldn't be able to start school this year and would have to wait until the following year. I was pissed about that, I didn't want to go to school. I also found out that I had the credits to graduate early, meaning I would graduate as a junior. That part did make me happy. Everything was cooking, and the dishes we used to prepare the food was all cleaned and put away. Billy went to take a shower and get ready for the "boys" to come over.

I wondered around the house, getting to know my surroundings. In the living room there were pictures all over the place. I saw a woman holding Jake, Jake growing up, and then the pictures of the woman stopped. Did Billy leave her to? I heard a knock at the door and went to go answer it. Jake went over to Embry's, whoever that was; house to see what time he was coming. Billy was still in the shower, so that left me to answer the door.

I opened it and my heart stopped, my breathing stopped, everything stopped. I stood there looking at this hot man in front of me. He was in cut off shorts, with muscular legs. I kept my eyes moving upward but quickly stopped at that well defined "V" pointing its way into his shorts. His chest was lookin oh so yummy. I just wanted to run my tongue in the grooves of his muscles. Next was his face. He had a sexy as hell smirk on his face, dark brown eyes and black hair. I heard someone clear their throat and quickly pulled me out of my hazy state.

"Can I help you?" I stuttered.

No comments:

Post a Comment