Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Chapter Four- Self Made Man

Broken Hearts and Rodeo Dreams

Self Made Man


Edward-

Everything left my mind but one thought, fuck, Bella Swan is gonna give me a run for my money!

She looked so happy that she started to put me in my place. We can't have that, now can we. All at once I shouted with as much venom in my voice as a I could "Fuck no! I will not rope with a girl! Fuck that!" I looked at Bella just as she rolled her damn eyes. What. The. Fuck?

She started to get out of the saddle saying "Whatever Edward, you can kiss my ass because I never said anything about wanting to rope with you! Thanks for letting me use your horse Emmett, he's awesome!" Alice gave me a dirty ass look before running to catch up with Bella at the end of the arena. Emmett caught my attention, and all at once, I wish I didn't look at him.

"What the hell dude? She is awesome!" I couldn't tell from his voice if he was pissed at me or excited Bella just kicked my ass.

"What? She don't even want to rope, so it don't matter." As soon as that left my mouth Alice came storming back into the arena.

"Edward! How could you? You don't have to be such a fucking ass!" The little pixie was pissed. I had to bite the inside of my cheek to keep from laughing. That would just make this ten times worse. "I expect you not to act like a prick tomorrow!"

Whoa, what a second, did she just say tomorrow? "What do you mean tomorrow? I'm going to be busy with the clinic, so I won't be seeing Bella tomorrow."

"And that right there is where you are wrong. Bella decided to come tomorrow. Speaking of, Emmett do you mind if she uses Wrangler tomorrow? I guess she only uses her horse for barrel racing."

"Yeah that should be no problem." Emmett said with a smug look on his face.

"No, she can not go to the clinic tomorrow!" I yelled.

"What's the matter Edward, afraid she'll kick your ass again?" Emmett mocked.

"What the fuck ever!" Leaving the arena, I unsaddled my horse and put him away. Walking back to the house, I noticed Bella's horse was still outside. I'll make sure to do chores once she's gone. I got into the house and went straight for my bedroom to play my piano. I loved that thing, almost as much as my horses, almost. With horses and my piano, I could just lose myself in them, and let my feelings out in actions. I could lose myself for hours, and not even notice the time.

I had gotten so into playing, that I barely noticed it was getting dark outside. Checking to make sure Bella wasn't in the barn, I went out and did chores. Once that was done, I went inside got in the shower, then headed for bed.

It felt like I had just laid down when my alarm clock brought me out of my dreamless sleep. Groaning , I pulled myself out of bed and got dressed to head out to the barn. On my way out, I made a detour to the kitchen and grabbed a breakfast barn then headed to the barn. Half way threw chores, people started to show up for the clinic. I told them to saddle up and warm up in the arena.

Once chores where finished, I walked into the arena. There was about nine people in there so far, and a group of younger guys screwing around so I started yelling at them. This is going to be a long day! I noticed Bella walking up to Emmett, talking to him while getting on Wrangler. I started pairing up teams, leaving Bella to rope with Jake. Jake Black was probably the only guy that wouldn't be butt hurt over being paired up with a female. Bella happened to be the only female riding, like I knew she would be.

By the end of the day, Jake was roping better and I was planning on asking him to rope with me this year. Jake and Bella where the best team that was roping today. Everyone had started to leave, Emmett and Bella left the arena so I knew this was the perfect time.

"Hey Jake, can I talk to you for a minute?" I asked him.

"Yeah sure, let me take my horse to the trailer, then I'll head back in." I nodded to him as he started to leave. If he decided to rope with me this summer, then we would be guaranteed to be bringing in checks from winnings. I was lost in thought when Jake came back in.

"So what's up Edward?" He asked a little on the nervous side.

"Well I was wondering if you had a ropin' partner for this summer yet or not?" I asked just as Bella was walking out of the barn.

"Um, excuse me Edward, I'll be right back." He quickly turned and walked towards Bella. I listened as he nervously started to talk to her. Out of the blue, he asked her out! I couldn't believe it, and even more then that, she agreed! Whoa, why does that bother you Edward? They exchanged phone numbers and she turned to leave looking at me one last time. I'm not sure what she saw because she just laughed and walked the fuck out of the barn.

"Sorry about that. About the roping, no I don't have a partner this year. I asked Bella, but she said she wanted to focus strictly on barrels this year." Jake said, again for some reason I got pissed about that.

"Well, I'm offering for us to rope together this year." He nodded, agreeing that we would. We came up with a practice schedule and he left. I finished chores and stomped to the house and into bed. Yes, I stomped, I was pissed, yet I had no idea why.

A couple weeks had passed by and I saw Jake to practice. We had our time down to where we shouldn't have a problem bringing home a check. I barely saw Bella at all, and when I did she had just got done riding or was doing chores. She seemed to steer clear of me because as Alice puts it "I'm to much of an asshole for my own good." Bella had hauled her horse to Jake's house a couple of times, and I had to listen to how they rode on the beach in La Push together. I'm still not sure why, but it started to really piss me off. I told him he needed to clear his head because we had a rodeo in a week, and he just rolled his eyes.

The following week flew by and I didn't see Bella at all. Friday came time for us to load our horses and leave. Since my dad was going to need our truck, we decided Bella use her truck with our trailer. I loved our trailer, it was an eight horse slant with living quarters. Usually we would have extra stalls in the trailer, but since we were doing a rodeo that was nine hours away in Asotin, we didn't have a single open stall. All of us were taking a horse with me taking two in case someone needed a back up horse. Bella's truck only fit five, so Alice and Rose rode with Bella; leaving Emmett, Jake and I in Jasper's truck.

I was a little nervous with Bella pulling a trailer with two of my horses in it, but after about an hour, I started to calm down since I saw she knew what she was doing. I listened to the guys talk about shit they did with their girlfriends. Damn Edward, it's time for you to get a chick!

Jake didn't have much to say about Bella, which pissed me off and made me happy at the same time. Pissed me off because I wasn't learning anything about her, happy because they weren't doing anything worth talking about. As we pulled into the rodeo grounds, as soon as the trucks where stopped the guys guys went to help the girls out of Bella's truck. Me, I just started unloading horses. We put the horses in the stalls on the grounds, and got them settled in for the night. Since the girls were going to be sleeping in the horse trailer, we had to set up tents around the truck.

The following morning we got everything ready for the rodeo. We all decided to go for a short ride to relax ourselves along with the horses. Before we knew it, it was time for the rodeo.

Bella took Sunny off to warm him up and going into their own little world. The rest of us got warmed up for our events. Rose and Alice had decided to do barrel racing in this rodeo so they were stretching their horses.

"Ready to go Jake?" I asked him.

"Yeah, let me just go tell Bella were about to go up." Jake called behind him on the way over to Bella. Once he got there, you could tell that they were talking, and then they kissed, and that pissed me off. I just wanted to hit Jake for kissing her! She's not your girlfriend Edward. You can't just hit him for being her boyfriend and kissing her, you'd look like an ass. When Jake made his way back to me, we headed into the arena. Getting into the box, I just couldn't focus on anything but Bella. What the hell is wrong with me? I don't remember much of the run except that I missed my loop.

Leaving the arena, since we were the last to rope, they started to set up the barrels for barrel racing. I couldn't take my eyes off of Bella. The way she was getting ready with her horse was like something I had never seen. It was like she became part of her horse instead of just the rider. They moved together so well, he turned she turned. You could tell Sunny was ready by the way he started to buck a little bit. The way she handled him inside and outside the arena was unbelievable. She entered the arena, and just blocked out everything except her horse and the barrels.

Sunny reared up and then they were off. I had never seen Bella run barrels before, but I could watch her do only this for the rest of my life and be happy. They made a right hand turn around the first barrel, it was such a smooth and sharp turn that Bella's foot almost touched the ground. Her brown hair flying behind her as they made a left hand turn much the same as the first. Going to the third barrel in the clover leaf you could tell Sunny kicked it up a notch, they made the last left hand turn and I swear they were literally flying to the finish line.

At the end of the day, Jasper and Emmett took second place, Jake and I didn't place thanks to me, in barrel racing Rose took sixth place, Alice knocked over a barrel getting a penalty and didn't place, and Bella took one first. After getting the horses cooled down settled in, Alice got really happy.

"Hey guys! Let's go to the street dance!" We walked down to the dance, when Bounce by Timbaland came on and Rose and Alice grabbed Bella and drug her out to dance. The guys just started laughing, that is until we saw them start dancing.

They all started moving their hips ways I didn't know hips where suppose to move. Rose got in front of Bella, leaving Alice behind her. WIth Bella in the middle they all started to grind on each other. I looked at the guys, and they looked just about like me, shocked with jaws hanging on the ground. Alice put her hands on Bella's thighs and started moving slowly up and she got right below Bella's breasts then hang on tightly while she dropped to the ground. Rose turned around and straddled one of Bella's legs and they started dancing together, Bella grabbing the bottom of Rose's shirt to bring her closer.

By the time the song was over, the girls had a nice crowd gathered around them.

"Dude, that was fucking awesome! Who knew country girls could move like that!" Emmett hissed. We were so shocked we didn't notice another song start. Some guy started grinding up on Bella, and she shoved him away but he couldn't take the hint. She finally just punched him. I turned around to see Jake talking to some guy and I yelled at him.

"Jake! Bella just dropped some guy!" He finally turned around to face me and noticed I wasn't joking. He strode over to Bella and they were yelling until she just slapped him and walked off. Damn, hot and feisty. You need a girl like that. Jake came back rubbing his jaw and hit the wall beside me, and then I heard it, the sound of bones breaking.

Fuck, now what! Your roping partner just broke his fucking hand and you still have to rope tomorrow!

We walked back to the trailer where the girls had disappeared after Bella slapped Jake.

"Edward, what are you going to do now? You can't rope with Jasper or Emmett." Alice whined.

"Since this is kind of my fault, Edward if you would like, I'll rope with you." Bella said threw clenched teeth. I agreed to rope with her the next day with her riding my back up horse, then we all went to sleep.

The next morning Bella thought it would be better if she rode Twister so she could get to know how he rides since there was money going on this ride. Bella saddled up Twister in her roping saddle, and I saddled up Jack, then we went for a ride. I found out a lot about Bella in the hour ride. Like how she actually won her roping saddle. Her friend's roping partner got injured so took his place and by the end of the season, their team ended up being top money earner and won saddles. When Bella wasn't pissed off or being stubborn, she was really nice to be around. It was so easy talking to her when it was just us two. When we got back to the trailer, we unsaddled and I started to listen to my Ipod, and the first song that came on stopped me dead in my tracks.

I could say it's all her fault

She never had any patience at all

I'm a complicated guy

And she didn't try to understand

I could claim I had nothing to do

With the fact I'm lonesome and blue

But that wouldn't be true

I'm a self made man

Yeah I'm the one that fooled around

And let the one who loved me down

She had more of me than she could stand

I blamed everyone but me

But now that it's too late I see

Nobody helped me get to where I am

I'm a self made man

I could blame it on the way I was raised

Or I could say I was just to afraid

To lay my heart in somebody else's hands

I could always make one more excuse

But in the end what's the use

I might as well face

I'm a self made man

Yeah I'm the one that fooled around

And let the one who loved me down

She had more of me than she could stand

I blamed everyone but me

But now that it's too late I see

Nobody helped me get to where I am

I'm a self made man

Oh I blamed everyone but me

But now that its to late I see

Nobody helped me get to where I am

I'm a self made man

Self made man

Self made man

I can't blame anybody but me

I was falling for Bella, hard I might add. But I made myself who I am today, an asshole. It was time to start changed back into that little boy who promised Bella I wouldn't let anything happen to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment