Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Chapter Six- Look At You Girl

Broken Hearts and Rodeo Dreams

Look At You Girl


Edward

I was falling for Bella, hard I might add. But I made myself who I am today, an asshole. It was time to start changed back into that little boy who promised Bella I wouldn't let anything happen to her.

I was so caught up in thinking, that Alice had to tell me to saddle my horse. Bella already had both horses she was going to use saddled and warmed up. Walking up to the arena with Bella was well, funny. The way the guys would look at her like she was lost, then saw me riding with her and got smug looks on their faces. They probably thought I lost my mind roping with a girl, but I knew that Bella could rope and was damn good at it. After leaving the arena with the new information that her and I had won the team roping, the guys looking at Bella kind of pissed me off.

Bella hurried and changed horses while I went to the trailer. I had just got my saddle off when Kate Danali came walking up to me. Kate was a nice girl to look at and hang out with. She has been trying to date me for the last couple of years and I had yet to brake down and do it.

"Edward, how nice to see you here!" Kate cooed.

"Kate, you decide not to run this year?" Kate was known as a top barrel racer in the state. She didn't have much competition before, but now she's got Bella going against her.

"No, my horse got injured, so I'm looking to buy a new one."

"I'm sorry to hear that. What do I owe the pleasure of you coming to talk to me?" Of course I already knew the answer.

"Well I'm going to be passing through Forks soon and I was wondering if you wanted to hang out or do something?" Kate purred.

"I don't know Kate."

"Come on Edward, it would be really fun," Kate sounded like she was begging. Wow, begging, maybe I should just give in. I saw Bella walking up and she looked mad about something as she made her way to the other side of the trailer.

"I'll think about it Kate. But I'm going to be really busy." Kate nodded and kissed me on the cheek before walking off. That was the closest I've gotten to agreeing to go out with her. I was putting shipping boots on Jack when Jake walked up to me and mouthed asking where Bella was; I just nodded my head to the other side of the trailer. I knew that they were going to have to talk after last night. I'm not sure what he said to her, but Bella has been avoiding Jake at all costs it seems like. I was opening the trailer door to load Jack up when I heard Jake start talking, "Look Bella, I'm really sorry about last night. I shouldn't have said what I said to you." When I was tying Jack up, I looked out the window to see Bella looking pretty pissed off. "I got really jealous when I saw how everyone was looking at you. And then I saw Edward looking at you, and I just lost it, and I took it out on you. I'm really sorry"

Whoa! Wait a minute, the way I was looking at her? I didn't even think Jake was paying attention to our group, let alone me. I didn't think I was looking at her any special way, was I? Of course dumbass, you were thinking you wanted a girl that could dance like that!

"Jake, I'm still pissed at what you said to me. I really don't think we should date anymore." Bella said in a calm way, which kind of worried me. The look on her face and the way she was talking was totally off. Everyone loaded up their horses and we made our way home. Jake kept glaring at me from the back seat and I couldn't help but think what he had said about the way I looked at Bella.

We made it home really fucking early on Monday morning. After we all got horses settled in and the trailer unhooked from Bella's truck, everyone went home. Once Rose and I got inside, she headed to her room and I went to the kitchen where I knew dad would be.

"Morning son, how was the rodeo?" Carlisle asked from behind his newspaper.

"Good, Saturday Jas and Em took fifth in roping and Bella took first in barrels. Sunday Bella and I took first in roping and Bella took second in barrels." I said between yawns.

"Ok, I get Bella, Jas and Em placing, but how do you get Bella and you?" He asked with amusement in his voice.

"Well you know how Jake and Bella where dating?" Carlisle nodded. "Well Saturday night they got in a fight, Jake hit a wall and broke his hand, so Bella ended up roping with me."

"Oh, I didn't know she knew how to rope. But I'm glad that you guys seemed to place well." I nodded on my way to get a bottle of water.

"Yeah, she's really good. I'm going to ask her to finish the season as my partner." Dad just nodded and we said our goodbyes so he could get to work. I headed upstairs, stripped down and took a showering heading to bed shortly after. By the time I woke up and headed out to the barn, Bella was already there.

"Hey Bella. Can I talk to you for a minute?" You could hear the nervousness in my voice. Bella nodded and we walked to the office area in the barn. "Bella, since Jake cant rope for the rest of this season, I was wondering if you would be interested?" I saw her wince a little bit at the sound of Jakes name. Whatever he said to her must have really got to her.

"Well I would, but I don't have the time to try to find a roping horse to buy." I nodded and started thinking if I knew of any. Then an idea came to me.

"Bella, what do you think of Twister?"

"He's an awesome horse, easy to handle, smart and knows how to do his job." She ended with a huge smile on her face, that's all I needed.

"What would you say to buying him?" Bella had a shocked look on her face and went to say something before I cut her off. "Bella, he's my back up horse, one that I barely use. He needs someone who is going to use him all the time, and someone to take care of him." Bella agreed to buy him, signing over a check and I handed her his papers. "Bella, congratulations on your new purchase!"

A couple of days had pasted since Bella bought Twister and she was doing really good on him, she even decided to start break away roping along with being my team roping partner. Kate had called me and told me that she was going to be going through Forks today and I agreed to meet up with her. She was stopping by the barn and I decided to give her a chance on dating. We had been talking for about an hour when I finally decided to man up and ask her.

"Kate, I was wondering if you wanted to go out, like date each other?" Wow, could I sound anymore like a chick? Kate nodded and lunged at me, and taking my lips in a kiss. I wrapped my left hand around her waist, putting my right hand behind her neck to deepen the kiss. When oxygen came into play of us needing it, I pulled away from her and noticed her face was a little flushed and her lips were swollen from kissing.

"Edward, I'm happy that I can finally call you my boyfriend!" Kate gave me a quick kiss again. We turned when we heard a noise behind us. Bella was walking up the ally way with Twister, getting ready to head into the arena. She looked embarrassed for walking up to us.

"Um.. sorry to interrupt, but um.. Edward where we still going to practice today or not? If not that's cool, I was just wondering." I looked down at my watch and realized Kate and I had been pretty much making out longer then I thought we had been.

"Shit, sorry Bella, I didn't realize it was time for practice. Of course were still going to, I'll get Jack and meet you in there?" Bella nodded and walked into the arena. When I looked at Kate she had a questioning look on her face.

"Isn't that Isabella Swan?" I nodded. "Since she barrel races, why are you going to practice?" Did I just hear a hint of jealously?

"Bella is my new roping partner since Jake broke his hand." Kate nodded in understanding. As I was walking to get Jack, we said our goodbyes and shared another kiss. Practice when really well like it always did. Two weeks had gone by with all of us practicing and going to one rodeo, which Bella and I took second to Emmett and Jasper as well as Bella taking first in barrel racing. It was a rare nice day in Forks with no clouds in sight. Emmett, Jasper, Bella and I were practicing when Rose and Alice came into the arena.

"Hey guys, what would you say to going on a trail ride?" Alice said bouncing over to Jasper.

"That sounds like fun. All we've been doing is practicing all the time!" Bella yelled with excitement in her voice.

"Well since you guys are already saddled, Rose can ride double with Emmett and I can ride double with Jasper!" Alice said while getting on Jaspers horse. We all headed out to ride on the trails and had a relaxing ride. It was fun to just joke around with everyone and all of us putting our guards down. I couldn't remember the last time we all day fun like this together. We had been riding for an hour and a half and decided to head back to the farm. We were half way back when a deer went running across our path spooking Twister, as he started bucking.

"Hang on Bella!" Alice and Rose yelled at the same time. I had never seen that horse buck, and I was thankful that he never did when I was riding him, but I felt bad for Bella. She stuck with him for a couple of bucks when he jumped sideways while bucking, making Bella get thrown.

"Fucking son of a bitch!" Yep Bella was pissed. By the time she was standing back up, Twister had already taken off towards the barn. Bella started stomping that way, clearly pissed off. Although I had never seen a girl ride that well in my life, sticking with a bucking horse for so long.

"Bella, where are you going?" You could hear the worry in my voice.

"Back to the fucking barn, to get my fucking horse! Is that ok with you!" O yeah, Bella was pissed.

"Get on with me, we can ride double back." I said stopping beside her. Bella looked hesitant when she looked between me and Alice. Alice nodded for her to go ahead, and I couldn't help but wonder what the hell was just said in that nod. I took my foot out of the stirrup and leaned to the right side of Jack while Bella but her left foot in the stirrup and swung up to settle in behind me. We all decided to walk back to the barn figuring Twister would just end up back in his stall. Bella put her hands around my waist, and leaned forward into my back with a groan.

"Bella, are you ok?" I whispered to her.

"Yeah, I just haven't gotten thrown in a long time. Takes a bit hit to my ego and body." She groaned again and remained quiet for a little while. "This reminds of me of the old days," Bella said barely above a whisper. I don't know if I was suppose to hear or not but I couldn't help but think back to that day.

"I guess I didn't go a very good job did it?" I turned my head to see her. She had a confused look on her face. "As I recall I made you a promise?" She still looked confused, so I decided to just recite the promise again, "Don't worry Bella, I won't let anything happen to you." Alice looked over at me with wide eyes. I remember telling Alice the day after Bella came over and rode that I had a crush on her and I was going to make her my girlfriend.

"You do remember?" I nodded at Bella. "Well since you remember, I guess now is the time to tell you thank you." Now it was my turn to be confused. "That was the first time I had ever been on a horse, it was also the time that I decided that whatever I was going to do with my life, it had to involve horses."

"O, well, I guess your welcome?" It came out sounding more as a question then a statement. Alice just winked at me as Bella started to relax behind me. I really started to enjoy Bella for who she was other then just my roping partner. Though roping did make us spend a lot of time together, and we would get frustrated and yell at each other, I really got to know Bella. I could tell by the looks on her face if she was pissed, nervous or worried. I started to see Bella as a strong beautiful woman who could stand her own ground and was stubborn enough to stick by what she said.

When we got to the barn I noticed Kate's car there and was surprised. Apparently so was everyone else since they gave me a funny look. Kate came walking out of the barn leading Twister and I felt Bella tense up beside me.

"There you are Edward! I saw your horse standing by a stall and got worried when I couldn't find you." I stopped by Kate as Bella swung off.

"That is actually my horse, we were trail riding; he got spooked and I got thrown." Bella said grabbing Twister from Kate. "Thank you for catching him for me."

"No problem Isabella, maybe you should keep to riding in the arena until you get a little better at riding so you can stay on your own horse." Kate sneered. Bella glared at her then me before walking into the barn where the others had gone off to. I looked at Kate and couldn't believe she just said that. I started walking to the barn to unsaddle Jack with Kate following behind me.

"Kate, that really was uncalled for. After Bella got thrown she started walking back. Since everyone else was already doubled up, I told her to ride back with me." I tried to keep calm. "I wasn't planning on you coming by, if I would have known I wouldn't have gone for a ride. Speaking of which, why did you stop by?" I asked as I stopped in the cross ties behind Bella.

Kate seemed to be over her bitch fit since she got a huge smile on her face. "I thought I would be the first to tell you! I bought a new barrel racing horse!" I heard Alice mumble something to Bella. She turned and looked at me with a worried expression that turned into a smug look. I was confused for a minute until I realized the smug look wasn't towards me, but towards Kate. Kate finally looked to see Bella, then stepped in front of me and put her arms around my neck before giving me a quick kiss. "Now that I have a new horse, I can start knocking people back to the ground where they belong and take my winning spot back at rodeos," Kate said in a sweet voice.

Bella snorted before she and Alice broke out into a laugh. I looked up at them just as Kate turned in my arms to look at them. "Shit! Sorry Kate...that was the best... fucking joke I have heard... all week!" Bella got out between laughs and intake of air. O shit this aint good!

"Bella, dear, your new to this barrel racing thing, so I'll let that one slip."

"Kate, that's enough." I said in a calm voice trying to keep everyone else calm. By this time Rose had joined Alice and Bella.

"For one, I am not new to barrel racing. I have been doing it for over ten fucking years. For two, I don't need you to let anything slip on my part. I guess it's you being the "best" against me who is the best." Yep, stubborn Bella was back. She led Twister to his stall and the three girls left with Jasper and Emmett looking after them with mouths hanging open.

"Did she really just say that to me and walk off?" Kate was clearly shocked, as where the rest of us.

"Yep she did! I can't believe Bella just grew some balls and stuck up for herself!" Emmett yelled as Jasper doubled over with laughter. Kate left shortly after that stating she was going to go pick up her new horse. I was shocked and kind of turned on by Bella yelling like that at Kate. She must still be pissed off from getting thrown, but it was nice to meet a woman who wasn't fake and sugar-coated things. Someone who spoke their own mind, and stuck behind what they said.

The following week flew by and before I knew it we were loading horses up for another rodeo. Kate had made it clear many times during the last week she didn't like the point that Bella and I were roping partners which meant she didn't like us spending more time with each other. I told her there was nothing going on, that we were just roping partners, even though the more I said it, the less I believed it. Whenever I was around Bella, I was a different person. I opened up to her as she did with me. When I wasn't around her, I started to get a feeling of loneliness that I wasn't fond of.

Since the rodeo was close, the girls took Bella's truck and trailer and the guys took Jasper's truck and trailer. The girls left a day before us, since Rose and Alice had talked Bella into trying out for a pageant. Don't ask me how they got her to do it, but they did. When we finally made it to the rodeo grounds, the girls where just coming back from the pageant.

Bella was in a white leather dress with blue fringe on the bottom, and blue around the sleeves. Her hair was in loose curls and she just looked gorgeous! Alice was in a green dress that had flower designs around the bottom and bust area, with her short black hair pinned back. Rose had on a white dress with a lot of fucking pink on it, but it looked right on her. They greeted us as we started unloading the horses, and they quickly went in Bella's trailer to change clothes. Kate came up to the trailer and it seemed like Bella just disappeared. I didn't see her again until we were getting ready to go to the arena and rope.

We all ended up placing in our events. Bella looked a little smug when she looked at Kate who she had beat in barrel racing. I couldn't help but laugh trying to cover it up with a cough when Kate glared at me. We decided to go to the street dance and the girls said they would meet us down there. Kate walked down with us and we started dancing once we got there. Emmett got a text from Rose stating they were entering the dance, and when we looked at them all of our jaws dropped.

Walking into the entrance there was Bella, Alice, and Rose. Bella was in tight jeans and a sliver halter top that showed the valley between her breasts and cowboy boots, Alice was in a jean mini skirt, a black tank top and high heel boots that came to her thighs, and Rose was in tight jeans with a white corset with brown trim and cowboy boots. To say they were probably the hottest girls here would be an understatement! I felt Kate smack me upside the head and looked at her mouthing sorry. Rose, Alice and Bella went out and started dancing with Emmett and Jasper following closely behind. Kate decided to dance so we went out there. That's when I noticed Bella was dancing with someone who I never thought I would see her with, Seth Clearwater.

Seth was a nice guy that hung out around with Jake every once in awhile. Where Jake did roping, Seth did rough stock as in bull riding and saddle bronc riding, and he was good at both. A slow song came on and Kate pulled me to her. I wrapped my arms around her waist and started moving.

Just look at you, girl

Standin here beside me

Starlight on your hair

Lookin like a dream I dreamed somewhere

And look at me, girl

You got me actin just like a lover

In an old time picture show

And how I got the part - I just dont know

But its written all across your face

Plain as it can be

Youre the one that I was lookin for

Now youre all that I can see

Looking over at Seth and Bella, I noticed just how beautiful she is.

You mean everything to me

And Id do anything to have you stay forever

Im an ordinary man

But I feel like I could do anything in the world

When I look at you, girl

Seth was looking at Bella like she was the only woman here. She deserved that.

Just look at you, girl

Walkin here beside me

Misty morning light

I see my own reflection in your eyes

And just smile at me, girl

With eyes that tell a story

That words can never say tellin me your love is gonna stay

And were standin right together now

In everything we do

And if my world should come apart

Ill still be lovin you

You mean everything to me

And Id do anything to have you stay forever

Im an ordinary man

But I feel like I could do anything in the world

When I look at you, girl

Watching Bella and him dancing, I started to get jealous. Edward, she is your roping partner, not girlfriend. You can't feel this way about it. To late, I already do.

(Sorry, don't mind the pictures, it's really hard to find this song on youtube)





Rodeo Dance




No comments:

Post a Comment