Saturday, February 5, 2011

Chapter Two


Bella

Senior year. Those two words could make you jump for joy, and groan with displeasure. The good thing is, this was my last year of school, and then who knows.

I hadn't applied to any colleges, it wasn't because I wasn't smart enough. I knew, with Caleb out bull riding, Momma was left to handle the ranch. I had decided to stay home with her until Daddy decided it was time to come home for good.

I rolled out of bed, and made my way towards my bathroom, stripping down and jumping in the shower. As the hot water relaxed my tight muscles, I thought back over the summer.

I didn't want to say bye to my brother, but it had to be done. I didn't want him to leave, because with bull riding, you never know if that will be the last ride or if there will be one after that.


I watched as Caleb, Jasper and Emmett loaded up Caleb's truck with their bags of clothes and bull riding stuff.


Daddy had made it home late last night to see the guys off. We all gathered around, along with Emma, and Will –Jasper and Emmett's parents- and talked a little bit before the guys said it was time to hit the road. We gathered around, grabbing hands, we're not a religious family, but this had became something we always did before the guys either rode or left for the tour.


As I live the Cowboy Way,
Protection is what I pray,
I don't know my Fate,
Outside of the gate.

If my ride sees trouble,
Send Angels on the double,
For in you the Lord I rest,
Let my life pass your test.

By pure grace I am saved,
Lord, ride with me,

That's the Cowboy Way,
And what bull riders pray.


We all hugged each other, and when I got to Caleb, he hugged me a little tighter.


"Great song last night sis." He said.


"Thank you. It's one I've been working on for awhile now."


"I know, and maybe one day he'll pull his head out of his ass." Caleb mumbled before he kissed my cheek pulling away.


I hugged Jasper next, with a good luck, be safe, come home soon.


As soon as I pulled away from Jasper, I was pulled into a bear hug that could only belong to Emmett.


"Don't get into too much trouble, I won't be there to help save ya this year sprout." Normally this wouldn't bother since Emmett has been saying it since he got out of school, but this year really bugged me. Maybe it was the way he said sprout, or knowing that my brother knew how I felt about Emmett. Either way, it just really pissed me the fuck off.


"Whatever." I said before pulling back and going to stand beside my parents.


I stayed in that spot until the dust from Caleb's truck tires floated away in the wind, and left no truck in sight.

The rest of the summer, I worked my ass off around the ranch. I helped Momma run it and filled even more into my body. Now I knew why the guys have the bodies they have. Not that I didn't have a nice body before.

I groaned when the water started to turn cold and quickly jumped out, wrapping a warm towel around my body.

I ran to my room and almost made it to my dresser before tripping over one of Caleb's belts, which caused me to stub my toe on this damn belt buckle.

I quickly grabbed my right foot hoping around like an idiot on my left foot, because let me tell you, it really helps you out in the long run.

I made it to the bed before finally sitting down and looking at my toe. It wasn't bleeding so that was good. I flopped back, looking at my ceiling. What a way to start the last first day of high school.

"Bella, hurry up or you're going to be late!" Momma yelled up the stairs. I growled, pushing myself to get up and dressed.

I dressed in a pair of my worn out jeans, white tank top with a white half jacket over the top. I blindly fumbled in my closet for a pair of shoes and just grabbed and ran. I was halfway down the stairs when I noticed I had two completely different shoes.

I groaned, turned around and then proceeded back up the stairs, of course tripping on the top one. I just gave up and crawled the short distance to my bedroom.

I finally found the other shoe of one of the two shoes I was currently holding. I threw on my black sneakers and ran back down the stairs.

I skidded to a halt in the kitchen, Momma giving me a playful glare. I wondered my way over to the table, pulling out the chair to sit down and eat.

"Where's Daddy at?" I asked, hopeful.

"Sorry baby girl, he had to leave early this morning." I felt my heart tug and my eyes water. I was a daddy's girl, and he had never missed the first day of school for me ever.

"Oh." I mumbled out, turning back to my food. The smell of the eggs suddenly making me feel sick, I pushed them away from me. Momma picked the plate up, giving me a disapproving look before taking the food and dumping it in a bowl for the dogs.

"Better get your butt outside, you're gonna miss the bus." I groaned. Yes I was a senior in high school, and rode the bus to school.

I picked up my bag and huffed putting it on my shoulder. Damn school hasn't even started yet and my bag already weighs about twenty pounds. I drug my feet out the door not looking forward to going to the bus, or going to school.

"Where ya going baby girl?" I looked up, hearing my dad's voice.

"Momma said you left early this morning." I said shocked.

"Ya, I did, but it was to get you something." That spiked my curiosity. I followed him to the barn, and once the door was open, I let out a very girly squeal.

There, in the barn, was a 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Heavy Duty Duramax truck!

"Where did that come from?" I squeaked.

"Well, you are a senior this year, so here ya go." He spoke like it was nothing. Yeah, my family was wealthy, but we didn't go throwing money around.

"Thank you Daddy!" I yelled throwing myself at him taking him into a bear hug that might even out do Emmett.

"Love you, now get your butt to school."

I pulled myself from dad and ran to my new truck. I threw my bag in the backseat and jumped up front. I turned the key and got lost in the sound of the diesel engine roaring to life.

I placed the transmission into drive and slowly made my way out of the barn. I was slowly going down the driveway, didn't want to get a rock chip in my paint before I got to school now would I?

Once I hit the highway, I pressed on the pedal. Adrenaline pumped through me when I listened to the turbo kick in with a wheezing sound. I rolled the window down, letting the air work its way through my hair.

I slowed down when I got close to school and quickly found a parking spot. I turned the truck off and smiled when I jumped out, hitting the keypad locking it behind me.

I no more than turned around before Alice was squealing in my ear. I smiled at her wearing jean shorts and a jean jacket, yet she was the farthest from a country girl. But since this was San Antonio Texas, it was still pretty hot, so I couldn't blame her.

"Oh my God! Tell me it's yours!" She yelled, causing half of the parking lot to look over at us in shock. Alice and I kind of kept to ourselves, we had friends, but we didn't go out of our way to make them.

"It is." I replied before she brought me into a hug, both of us laughing.

We went into the school, and went to senior homeroom to get our schedules. Of course, Alice and I shared every single class, which we had planned out every year since we were able to pick our classes.

The first day was boring, nothing exciting. We got our books, information on the school year blah blah blah. I was ready to head home and ride.

"Alice, you coming over after school?" I asked.

"Of course." She grumbled. I laughed at her.

"It's once a year, get over it." She pulled a face making me laugh even harder. I poked her in the ribs and she started laughing. Once a year I made Alice go riding with me.

She could ride pretty well, and she loved it, but put up a front that she hated it. Why? Hell if I know, it's Alice, that's all I can say.

She squealed jumping into my truck. I rolled my eyes at her and jumped in, sliding the key into the ignition. I smiled when I felt the engine move from the torque. Did I ever mention I was a tom boy? Oh, well, now I did.

We rolled the windows down flying down the road singing to the radio.

We pulled into the driveway, probably going faster then I should have been, and skidded to a halt when I saw Caleb's truck outside the barn, and guys I have never seen unloading bags.

"Yummy, who are they?" Alice asked. I rolled my eyes at her, but couldn't agree more with her.

"Nodda clue, shall we find out?" I asked earning a nod from Alice.

We jumped out of the truck and walked over to them.

"Well if it isn't my long lost sister." Caleb said walking out of the barn.

"Hey Caleb, what's up?"

"Wow, don't you sound like you missed me." I smirked at him and was about to say something smartass when a fine as fuck guy walked out of the barn.

He was tall, dark hair, dark eyes, and oh so fuckable. I'm pretty sure I licked my lips and possibly moaned, but I definitely knew I was staring to long because Caleb jabbed me in the ribs.

"Ouch fucker, that hurt!" I said shoving him.

"Well, if you're done molesting Paul with your eyes, I was going to introduce you." Paul smirked and before I knew it two more guys I didn't know, walked out of the barn.

One was tall and lean, blonde hair with blue eyes, maybe it was the way he was carrying himself, but he wasn't my type.

The other one was, again, tall and dark hair and dark eyes. He was built like Emmett was, and was good looking.

"Guys, this is my sister Bella, and her friend Alice. Bella, Alice this is Jake, Paul and Cam." He pointed to each of them as he said their names. Alice hadn't said a word; I looked at her and found out why.

Her and Jake were standing there pretty much fucking each other.

"Alice!" I yelled, scaring her enough to break eye contact and jump a little bit.

"Bitch." Alice mumbled.

"Yeah, so, okay. Well Jake, Paul and Cam are going to be staying with us, helping out around the ranch. Their gonna be in the hay loft."

I smiled, hmm... maybe I'll get to know Paul. Emmett chose that time to walk out of the barn, my eyes immediately checking him out.

And of course, bitch on wheels fallowed behind him. I groaned not wanting to put up with her.

"Whoa, you're not blonde anymore." Alice giggled.

"Thank you for pointing that out, nothing gets by you Alice." Rose said snippy.

"Well to bad that hair dye bottle didn't get rid of the fucking bitchiness." I said before my eyes went big. I totally didn't mean to say that out loud.

The guys were trying their best to hold in their laughs, and failing miserably.

"What did you just say?" She sneered.

"Pretty sure I didn't stutter. But… to.. bad… the… dye…bottle…didn't…get…rid…of…the…bitchiness." I stated slowly, like I was talking to a small child. Ha! In a way it felt like I was.

"Bella!" My brother chuckled out.

"What?" I asked innocently.

Before he could say anything, Momma was calling us in for dinner.

"Last one in does the dishes!" I yelled taking off running. No way in hell was I doing dishes.

We sat around the table learning about the guys. Momma asked how the first day of school went, and then we moved back onto the guys.

"Can I have everyone's attention please?" Emmett rose from the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment