Saturday, March 5, 2011

Chapter Eighteen

UNEDITED!
Bella

The last two months flashed by in a blur. Over summer brake I had come close to the pack but mainly Jared and Leah.

I had taken to phasing like I was born to do it, but I guess I was. Phasing was great; I loved the freedom that came with running. The only down fall was I was Alpha.

I had put up a fight with this, as I didn't want it. The Elders held a meeting and pretty much said I didn't have a choice, I was rightful Alpha. As soon as they said that I had to leave and barely made it out the door before I phased.

One of the good things about being Alpha was that I was the strongest of the group. I think it must run in the female blood line was Leah wasn't far behind me in strength, which of course she was my second in command. Not that I would have picked anyone else.

Jared and Paul got a lot of shit because their imprints are stronger than them. Then of course I would get protective over my imprint and tell them all to shut the fuck up, which of course, they would have to.

Leah and I became even closer; of course this was only after she let me have an earful about goin' into the forest alone. I just growled at her for bringing up the memories.

I was still a little sore about that topic; the day I phased. I was still pissed off about James. I couldn't believe how he had turned out to be. He was such a cold hearted asshole. He was never like that. A part of me knew I would always love him, and that part was probably the part that had let him go.

I knew, even as much as I didn't want to believe it, that it wasn't going to be the last time I saw James. It was just a matter of time, time of which I was not looking forward to.

It was something that had bugged me every day. I did, however, let loose some of my pain. Running helped, a lot, who knew? Since I was able to let go of some of it, Jared and I became closer.

Every time I saw him, I felt the urge to just run towards him and jump in his arms. However, nothing has happened. We've talked and ran patrols. We have done nothing that a couple would do. In fact, we weren't dating.

I had told Jared that even though we had imprinted on each other, it wasn't fair to bring him into my life until I was ready to be the person, mate and imprint that he needed.

We have talked and gotten to know each other. We had a lot in common, but I guess that's what being soul mates were supposed to mean.

There was only one thing I was nervous about; school. Since I had enough credits before I dropped out, the Elders let me become a senior.

Since Sam was the only one out of school, he was going to patrol during the day. Jared, Leah and I were all seniors; Quil, Embry and Jake were juniors and the newest addition to the pack was Seth.

It was weird how we all had siblings in high school, but we are all family. I started to see Embry as a brother, not a pack brother, but a blood brother. I guess one day –hopefully, if I can get my shit together- that he would be a brother in law.

I groaned rolling over in bed for the hundredth time tonight. I was going to be the new girl in La Push. The one with a long lost father, the girl who's family had died in a car wreck, minus said father.

And on top of all of that, I was the new girl in the La Push gang. Of course, every time I heard this, I busted out laughing. Who in their right fucking minds would think there was a gang in small town La Push? Oh yea, all the fucktards that don't have anything better to do.

I finally gave up on tryin to get any fucking sleep and just got up and took a shower. I took my time since I still had an hour and a half before school started.

Once I got out, I dressed in light jeans, tank top with a jacket over it and gray converse. After all, I already had my soul mate so I had no one that I needed to impress.

I let my hair just air dry and went to go eat. I saw Jake in the kitchen already, and eating what I'm guessing was his third bowl of cereal.

"Oinker." I called to him.

"Yeah, maybe but so are you." Jake said sticking his tongue out at me. I rolled my eyes and grabbed a couple of breakfast bars. Just because I was a part time wolf didn't mean I had to eat like one.

"Hurry up or were going to me late."

"Oh yes, how would that look if our Alpha was late for school?" Jake rolled his eyes.

"You'll be running early patrols if you don't hurry your ass up." I spoke seriously, a bit of my Alpha tone leaking into it.

I watched as Jake quickly put his bowl in the sink and walk outside. I laughed and fallowed him.

We had decided as a pack to meet at school, in the front; might as well all of us walk into hell at the same time. Jake was half way down the driveway so I jogged to catch up with him.

"Thanks for waiting." I said sarcastically.

"That's what you get for threatening to make me do early patrol." He grumbled. I laughed the rest of the way to school. He sounded so much like a child that didn't get his way.

As we were talking up to the school, it seemed like all eyes were on us, and I wasn't liking it. There was a growl starting to build up in my chest, just waiting to get released.

"Stay out of trouble!" Jake loudly mumbled.

I rolled my eyes and just decided to head into the office instead of stand outside waiting for the pack and have everyone staring at me.

"How may I help you?" A plump lady asked behind a desk.

"Uh yeah I'm new. Isabella Dwyer."

"Ah, yes here you are." She started picking up a folder full of papers. "Here's your schedule, all your teachers names, as well and their location. Have a great first day!" Wow can anyone say way to much fucking coffee in the morning?

"Thank you." I replied walking out of the door. Once I stepped into the halls, I heard many whispers going on.

"Who's that?"

"That's Jake's sister."

"Jake Black? Wow, didn't know he had one." Hmm ok so they must have been out of town.

"Ya, but don't bother. She's already part of the gang." I rolled my eyes and kept walking.

I was everyone walking inside the school towards me. I smiled waved, and worked my way to the first period; Math. I should really hunt down the person who decided to have a math class first period.

"Good morning class! I'm Mr. Wright, please take out a piece of paper and write down your name and do these math problems please."

He turned around and starting writing math problems on the white board. I groaned but did as I was told.

Once I was done with all my morning classes –which drug on by the way- we all met in the lunch room. I walked in and groaned.

Half of the pack was at a table, already eating and talking. The other half were in line getting food. I looked around for Jared and couldn't see him.

I turned and walked out of the lunch room towards the direction of his locker. I stopped right before I turned the corner hearing two voices.

"Jared, come on! It's the beginning of the year, let's just go out!"

"Can't, sorry Kim." I heard my imprints voice float.

"Why not? We always have fun when we go out." She purred. I fought the growl threatening to escape.

"I'm just not interested."

"Is it because of that new girl? Really Jared? She's plane, the only thing to her is the money her dead family left behind. You can do so much better. She's a bitch."

I didn't listen to his reply. He was mine, not hers. My wolf wanted to come out and play, and trust me; they weren't going to know what hit them tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment