Saturday, March 5, 2011

Chapter Nineteen

UNEDITED!
Jared 

I groaned walking into the lunch room. Everyone was around the table looking at Bella and Leah, who were currently huddled together whispering.

I made my way over to them, and got nothing but glares from my imprint and alpha and the second in command.

I watched as Bella flipped her hair over her shoulder, huffed, got up and walked away, Leah fallowing shortly after.

"What was that about?" I asked while taking a seat in the chair Bella was just in.

"No clue. Bella came in here pissed. Some girl probably pissed her off." Jake rolled his eyes at his sister. "So, where were you at?"

I groaned, once again, "Dude, Kim won't back off."

I didn't need to continue on, as the guys knew Kim had 'the hots' for me and wouldn't back off.

"So, the bon fire, tomorrow night…" Seth hinted at.

"It's going to be awesome!" Paul whooped. I rolled my eyes. It was the first weekend of school, so every year there was a bon fire thrown. Something to do with the celebration of a new school year yada yada. I personally didn't think I needed to celebrate the start of a new school year, but since this was senior year, eh why the hell not.

"You guys are doing patrols tonight. I don't care what shift you decide to do, fight amongst yourselves for it. If you have a problem, go to Jake. Leah and I are going to Seattle." Bella said before walking off.

"Dude, I think you're in trouble." Jake said to me.

Bella and I had been working on our imprint. She acknowledged it because she felt the pull to, but she wasn't quite ready to move on or some bullshit.

Whatever, at least she acknowledged the imprint and was working her way towards up being together. She was mine, I was hers, it was just that simple.

I wanted to kill every guy that had looked at her today and knew she felt the same.

"Jared, you do the first patrol after school…" I ignored Jake from there out.

I finished out the school day, but didn't see either Leah or Bella. I was starting to panic since I didn't see her but noticed Paul wasn't too worried about Leah.

"Hey Paul, you know where Leah and Bella are?" I asked as we walked towards Sam's house. He may not be the Alpha anymore, but we still used his house as the meet up spot, old habits die hard I guess.

"Yeah, they left for Seattle right after lunch. Something about going shopping for the bon fire I think. Who knows with those girls." He chuckled. Man, must be nice to be with your imprint whenever and however you wanted.

Paul and I ran patrol; him thinking of Leah, me thinking of Bella. It was a little strange going from Sam being our Alpha to Bella, and me being second in command to Leah. We somehow made it work though, but Paul and I still get shit from the other guys.

After patrol, I went home and passed out as soon as my head hit the pillow. My dreams were filled with Bella having a round belly, yelling at a little boy in the front yard.

Our son was running around with a snake chasing his sister around. Embry walked into the picture, picking our son up, effectively making him drop the snake, and picking our daughter up, spinning in circles with them both.

I groaned when I heard the front door bang shut. I threw my pillow at the door when I heard someone knocking on it.

"Jared, I talked to Seth, and man all I can say is I feel sorry for you and Paul!"

"What do you mean?" I yelled at the door. No answer. I sighed and sat up deciding to get ready for the day.

I took a quick shower, did my bathroom routine and finally went back to my bedroom to get dressed. I dressed in jeans, and a black long sleeve shirt. I was going to end up sweating my ass off, but since it was a little cold for regular people, if I showed up in a t-shirt it would raise questions in people.

I looked at the close and saw I only had an hour or so before needing to be at the bonfire. I decided to go over to Paul's and see what trouble he got into.

I didn't even knock on his door, just letting myself in. When I saw Paul, I wanted to laugh.

"What the fuck are you wearing?" He was dressed in silver looking pants, boots, a teal shirt with a leather jacket on over it.

"Dude, shut up. Leah picked it out." He mumbled.

I couldn't help the laugh that escaped me and barely dogged the pillow that he threw at me.

"Shut up!"

"Ok, ok, I'm done. Have you heard from the girls?"

"Na man. I heard their gonna be dressed to kill tonight though. Good thing I can get laid." It was his turn to laugh at me.

"Ok now you shut up."

We played his xbox360 for a while. Playfully shoving each other around. Finally giving up we decided to head down to the bon fire.

By the time we walked down there, everyone was dancing and having fun. We saw the pack and walked over to them to talk.

"So everyone is here." Embry said.

"Na, the girls still haven't shown up." I said, feeling the tug on my chest from being away from Bella for so long.

"You two must have done something to really get into the dog house." Seth murmured.

I was about to respond, but stopped short when I saw Bella and Leah start walking towards up. My heart felt like it was going to explode in my chest.

Walking towards us was sex on legs. Bella was dressed in a black shirt, black leggings, black high heels and a tan long sleeved shirt. Her hair laid down naturally and I felt myself get hard just at the site of her.

"Hey Jared." And there it goes.

"What Kim?" I ground out.

"Whatcha looking at?" She wrapped her arms around me from behind and I heard Bella growl before stalking off in the other direction.

I watched her every move as she went to talk to some fucktard from our class.

"What do you want Kim?" I asked again.

"A dance, maybe more later." She purred in my ear.

I felt the rumble in my chest as I watched the guy lead Bella out to the dance floor. I watched as she moved her body with his. Mine!

"Excuse me." I tried to sound nice about it, but it came out as a growl. I walked over to Bella and fucktard, before moving between them, hoping he would get the point and get lost.

"Jared!" Bella yelled.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I thought you two were done dancing." I replied innocently.

"Well I wasn't." She said trying to move around me. I quickly grabbed her and brought her body flush with mine. Mine!

"Listen Bella, you might be my Alpha, but you are my imprint. I am your imprint. Just what in the hell do you think you're doing?"

"That didn't fucking stop you from hitting on some chick at your locker yesterday. You are my imprint, but now you're the one who wants someone else. So I suggest you take your fucking hand off of me, now."

I felt the Alpha command. I fought the command. My wolf was not going to give up. When I showed no sign of backing off, I heard a loud smack fallowed by a sharp sting.

I let go of her, because I was pissed. She just fucking slapped me. I felt myself start to shake, and tried to calm myself down.

"Fine, if that's how you want it, fucking fine!" I yelled before walking away.

I bypassed the group walking down the beach. I didn't need to hear anyone right now, and I didn't want to be around anyone.

Just when I think Bella and I are getting somewhere, we take two steps back. I growled at nothing before sitting on the sand.

I don't know how long I sat there, but the music starting to get quiet in the distance, so I decided to head back.

About a quarter of the people that were here earlier where gone, but it didn't slow the party down at all.

Bella was dancing with another guy, and I fought with myself about stepping in between them like I had earlier.

"Jared dance with me." Kim purred. Was she a fucking cat or something?

"No." I said simply.

"Come on. Bella doesn't want you, so now you can be with me."

I groaned. "It doesn't matter if Bella wants me or not, I'm hers."

"She doesn't own you or anything so you're not hers. Plus, Bella is just a stupid bitch. She's worthless."

I didn't have a chance to respond, because all of a sudden I had a set of hot lips on mine. I jerked back surprised before seeing it was Bella. Once she figured out I knew it was her, she flung herself at me again.

I quickly grabbed her hips, bringing her closer to me. She nipped at my bottom lip, asking for permission. I granted it for her, opening my lips. Her hot tongue met mine in a dance I would never tire of. She brought her hands up to my hair, tugging a little causing me to moan. How had I gone this long without her lips on mine?

"Excuse me. Can you say rude much?" Kim said, for once not purring.

I groaned when Bella pulled away from me. I missed the warmth from her touch already.

"Oh I'm sorry. Can I help you?" Bella asked.

"Uh, yeah. You can leave. I was talking to Jared bitch."

Bella started laughing, causing Kim to look at her like she had lost her mind. "Oh, if only you knew how true that was."

"Ok, maybe bitch was too nice of a word. Hmmmm," Kim placed her finger to her chin thinking, "how about slut? Whore? Skank? Any of those sound good?"

I growled, no one insulted my imprint.

"Watch your mouth little girl, you don't know who you're dealing with." Bella's tone was full of seriousness, but I knew Kim wouldn't drop it. I wrapped my arms around Bella, trying to hold her back.

"Sure I do. I'm actually surprised you're not drunk yet. Every party you go to, you seem totally wasted. Don't ride home with her Jared; you might get killed in a car wreck. Bella, you'll never be good enough for Jared."

"Bella, calm down. Ignore her." I whispered into Bella's ear.

"I may not be good enough for him, but I am still 100% better for him then you are. You're not even good enough for the dog shit on the bottom of someone's shoe."

"Kim, I think it's time you left." Billy spoke. I didn't even know he had shown up. "Jared, take Bella back to your place and calm her down." I nodded and turned Bella's body towards me.

I saw tears in her eyes and hugged her. She wrapped her arms around me, pulling herself up to wrap her legs around my waist. I hugged her even closer to my body and walked the short distance to my house.

Once I got to the house, I opened the front door, then kicked it shut causing a bang. Bella jumped a little bit and whimpered. I continued to my room and sat Bella down on my bed.

I went to my dresser and pulled out a t-shirt and a pair of my shorts for her to put on.

"Here, put these on Bella. I'll give you a minute." I walked out of the room into the bathroom and changed into my own shirt and shorts. I walked to the kitchen and grabbed a glass of water, chugged it and then went back to my room. I knocked on the door, only to hear sniffles. I felt pain shoot through my body.

"Bella, I'm coming in." I spoke softly. I opened the door to find Bella curled up on my bed, tear rolling down her rosy cheeks.

"Bella, what's wrong?"

Bella sniffled a couple more times. "Jared, I can't do this anymore."

No comments:

Post a Comment