Saturday, March 5, 2011

Chapter Fifteen



Jared

I was so pissed off at Bella, at my life, at the fucking world. I just grabbed clothes, not really caring what I grabbed.

I couldn't believe she thought I was lying to her. I knew I shouldn't have done it, but the words left my mouth.

I had never felt as much pain as I did when she told me to just leave, and never come back. She made it simply put; she was rejecting the imprint.

At first when I imprinted on her, I hated her. She was a snobby, stuck up bitch. She caused everyone that cared about her pain. But once I was around her, I got to know her. She was gentle, loving, caring; when she wanted to be.

I understood she was pissed off at the world, and I wanted to take the pain away from her, and carry it on my shoulders. But I wouldn't ever get the chance to get to feel her again.

I grabbed my bag of clothes and stormed out of the house, towards my car. She wanted me gone; she was going to get her fucking wish. I pushed my way through the pack that was standing in my front yard. The only thing that stopped me was seeing Paul and Leah wrapped up in each other.

"Enjoy each other while you can. One day, Leah might go back to being a big bitch like Bella." With that I started my car and floored it.

I didn't want to look in my mirror. I didn't want to see what I was leaving behind.

I just drove as fast as my far would allow me. I had never been in this much pain before. My world was crashing around me. I just wanted to die, to take the pain away. But my wolf was a persistent dick and wouldn't give in.

Now I knew how Bella felt; like you didn't have anything to live for because everything was yanked out from underneath you. I growled at myself for saying the things I had said to her. She may have needed to hear it, but not the way I said it.

I felt the pain in my chest as I finally took a deep breath, and looked around me. Everything was flashing by, and if I would have been a normal human, everything would be passing by really blurry.

I caught a site of red flashing by me that didn't blend in with the green of the forest. Before I could do anything, I felt my car being shoved to the right. I was so shocked, I didn't even have time to correct the car, or do anything for that matter.

I seemed like everything was in slow motion, even with my enhanced vision, I actually think that made it worse

The green and brown of the trees swirled together like some angry artist painted it; mixing the colors carelessly. The animals scurrying out of the way of a flying car, trying to find secure shelter.

I heard the gravel from the road being thrown around, the crunching of the car as it made contact with the hard, un-giving ground. I smelt the blood before I felt it working its way down my body.

My body tried to quickly heal itself, but felt every bone give way when I was yanked from the car.

Darkness started dancing with the colors all around me, but the darkness won the dance, and I gave into it.

"He must know her! I can smell her on him!" I heard a female scream.

"He's not the one I always see with her though." Another female's voice spoke.

"Take care of him anyway. See if you can get any information." The first voice spoke. I faked still being out of it, and waiting until there was only one person in the room besides myself. I couldn't hear a heartbeat, and just like that, all of my senses came flooding back to me. I smelt the sickly sweet smell and tried calming myself down.

"I know you're awake. So you can stop faking."

I sat up, my body stiff and sore and a headache the size of Texas. I groaned which only caused the leech to laugh.

"Yeah, sorry about that, she can be a tad bit rough when she wants something."

"Oh, and what would that be? What the hell could she, whoever the fuck she is, want with me?"

"Isabella Dwyer." I growled. She wasn't allowed to say that name.

"What of her?" I asked.

"Oh, seems you know her. Well since you won't survive, I guess I could tell you. She is to be killed. I'm not real sure why but yeah." Before the young vampire could think, I had phased and lunged at her. I took her down easily.

I lit her on fire and when on my search to find this other vampire. All I had was her scent, and the sound of her voice.

I searched for her for two weeks. Two fucking weeks! I still hadn't found her, but I wasn't about to give up. She was going to die.

It was painful being away from Bella, but when the guys phased, I could see them thinking about her.

She was looking a little pale and had gone back to her natural hair color. I wanted to run home and try to make things right with her, but I couldn't. I had to catch this bitch after her.

Even after she rejected the imprint, my wolf was still protecting her. I wanted to protect her. I wanted her to love me, and be with me. I wanted us to get married, have a family and grow old together.

But I forced my mind away from my Bella and to the task at hand. I had killed enough leeches along the way to know this chicks name was Victoria, and a psycho. She had fire red hair and seems her fucking gift was escaping.

"Jared, I think it's time you came home. Bella is getting really sick." Sam said. I growled, not wanting to give up. "Jared, we will continue to search for her. But right now, your imprint needs you."

I growled, but made my way home. The closer I got, the more the pain lessened in my chest. As soon as I made it to the reservation, I made my way to Sam's.

I knew there were clothes hid back here, so I quickly phased and got dressed. Walking up to Sam's, I saw what was left of my mangled car in his large back yard. It brought back to the surface that crazy bitch was out there.

"Jared, we have a meeting with the Cullen's when you're ready." Sam brought me out of staring contest with my car.

"The sooner, the better, I want this bitch dead." I spoke through clenched teeth.

I saw the rest of my pack members, minus Leah, make their way to us. I started looking around for Leah; I thought we were doing this as a pack?

"Leah is with Bella. I wasn't lying, Jared. Bella is very sick." I wanted to check on her, but knew I needed to do this. I nodded, and then followed as we made our way to meet the Cullen's. I guess we were meeting at their house since Sam kept running past the border.

We ran for about five minutes, before we came to the edge of the woods. We walked out onto the huge yard, it was almost more like a field, and saw the huge white house that could only belong to the Cullen's.

Before we even made it to the door, it was being opened, and the leeches were filing out of the house.

"You have requested to speak with us?" The head leach said.

"We would like to know if you have any information on a le- vampire that may have crossed here."

I looked around at the vampires in front of me and was surprised to find two human females. There was the leader, a tall, thin blonde, and next to him was a thinner female with strawberry blonde hair.

Then there was the bleach blonde, tall bombshell model-like female next to a leaner male with copper color hair. I recognized him as the mind reader.

Off to the side was a tall man with dark hair and scars all over. He was one of the men that had a human female beside him. She was shorter, had blonde hair and blue eyes. He stood slightly in front of her, protecting her.

Beside them was a tall, buff muscular male. He looked like a fucking bear; if I were human, he would have scared the shit out of me. He had a hot ass brunette human female on his arm, but still slightly behind him.

Last was a smaller female; pixie like, with long black hair. She had sadness in her eye, and I almost felt sorry for her.

"Do you happen to know their name?" The leader asked.

"Victoria." I growled. I saw the pixie like one flinch from the name.

"I know of her." She spoke in her childlike voice.

"What information do you have on her?"

"She was my mate, or so I thought. We were together while we traveled. While we were south, she just disappeared. I haven't seen or heard of her since then." If she could cry, I'm sure she would be by now.

"Any more information you have on her?" Sam asked.

"We would like to help you, and keep the treaty in place, but that is all the information we have. If we come up with anymore, you will be the first to know."

"Fucking fire-crotch, I knew she was going to cause problems!" The big dude bellowed. The pixie like girl sniffled causing everyone to look at her. "Shit, I'm sorry, Alice. I didn't mean to be rude." She nodded then got a faraway look. I looked behind me just to make sure she wasn't staring at something behind us.

She gasped, and got her focus back. "She's going after a human. She will find her, and they meet, but then everything disappears. It will happen soon. I'm so sorry."

"Bella," I spoke softly. I didn't need any more information. I turned and ran back towards La Push. I ran as fast as my legs would allow.

I ran straight to the Black's house and just barged into the small house.

"Hello Jared, welcome home." Billy greeted.

"Where's Bella?" Billy looked confused, then nodded.

"She's in her bedroom." I pushed my way towards her door and knocked. I didn't hear anything, not a heartbeat or anyone breathing. I opened the door to find an empty room.

I fell to the floor as a tear fell down my cheek. My heart fell into a million pieces as pain shot through my body.

"She's gone." I spoke to whoever just walked to the door.

I heard a growl and turned around to find a pissed off Jake. "Let's go fucking find her then!"

No comments:

Post a Comment