Sunday, March 6, 2011

Chapter Five

IMPORTANT! This story is now being written by myself and a friend of mine, DeansLover1918. She is an awesome writer, and with me having so many stories, work, college, and real life, I'm just running out of time. With her helping me, hopefully chapters will be able to get out faster. She will be doing Paul's POV and I'll be doing Bella's. From this chapter on, this will take effect. I hope you enjoy this chapter. 




Bella

As the weeks passed, Paul and I became closer. He was my best guy friend, and riding partner. Hell, I almost saw more of Paul then I did Alice.

Alice and Jake had grown into the couple you didn't know if you wanted to envy or slap. They had a strong relationship, and believe it or not, Jake was bringin' out the country in Alice.

They had been riding with us numerous times, and Alice even came to a roping or two and enjoyed it.

Paul, well, Paul was another story. With us becoming closer, he was bringing feelings out that I never knew existed. Sure I had felt some of this with Emmett, but the difference is, Paul returned my feelings.

We had decided to be friends and see where that leads us. So far it lead us to the homecoming dance.

"Bella!" I groaned hearing Alice yell my name. Was the torture ever going to end?

"What Alice?" I asked.

"What shoes are you wearing under your dress? I think the clear high heels I brought over would look really good!"

I sighed. "Alice we've gone over this. I'm wearing my cowboy boots with my dress. High heels and Bella just don't belong in the same sentence."

"Can't you just act like a girl for one damn night?" She huffed.

I giggled. Everyone knew that if I had a choice in the matter, I would be wearing my jeans to this damn dance.

"You got me to wear a dress, so hush. Unless, you want me to wear my jeans under it?" I asked just to get a rise out of her. I wouldn't wear jeans under a dress, because lets face it, it would be extremely uncomfortable.

"You wouldn't!"

"Oh, wouldn't I?" I giggled and took off running down the stairs and out the door. I didn't stop running until I smacked into a hot and sweaty brick wall.

"Whoa, easy killer." I heard a deep chuckle and looked up. Paul was the hot, sweaty wall I had ran right into.

"Well isn't that cute. The hick and the tom-boy." Alice taunted.

I heard her giggle and saw that Jake had her in his arms and was swinging her around.

"Well isn't that nice, the hick and the city chick." I laughed and mimicked.

"Eh, at least we got hot hicks." Alice replied.

Paul tightened his arms around me, and while it felt nice, I had a feeling something was goin' on.

I quickly looked around and saw Cam, Rosalie, and Emmett walking towards us. I groaned not wanting to deal with Rosalie.

It all happened so fast, I almost missed it. Cam let a look of lust rush across his face, Rosalie looked like she wanted to kill me even more, Emmett groaned, and Paul stepped in front of me.

"What the hell!" I yelled. I didn't know what had caused the reactions, I did know that I didn't like it. Okay, that might be a small lie. I loved how protective Paul was being over me, even if I didn't

know why.

Alice giggled, then coughed trying to cover it up. I sent a glare her way, and saw her look down. I quickly looked down and felt my cheeks catch on fire.

There I stood in tight ass jeans, boots and a sports bra. That's it, I didn't leave much to the imagination.

I wrapped my arms around Paul's chest, and got on my tippy-toes. "Mind, uh, leading me inside?"

Paul made a grunt and walked towards the house, making sure he kept me hid from Cam. Can't say that I blame him, that guy just gave me the heebie-jeebies.

I stumbled a couple of times along the way to the house, but Paul's strong arms always caught me.

Alice had the door open and was trying to hold back her giggles. She shut the door once we made it in, and then ran back to my room.

"Baby girl, mind telling me about running out of the house half naked?" Paul whispered in my ear. I felt the warmth from his breath, and wanted to groan. I felt my panties dampen and was wishing he would just freaking kiss me already!

"Well, see um..." I stumbled over my words. I sighed before I gathered my thoughts. "I told Alice that I was going to wear jeans to the dance, and she chased me?" It came out as a question, even though it was a statement.

"Hmm, well I do love image of you in jeans, I'd really love to see the image of you in a dress."

"Okay." I mumbled. Paul chuckled and walked back out the door.

I stood there staring at Paul, looking like an idiot until Alice, not so graciously mind you, reminded me I was in my underwear. I ran upstairs really quickly to put a shirt on and came downstairs to the

guys, and Rosalie, in the kitchen.

"Well if it isn't Miss I-wish-I-had-the-body-of-an-underwear-model." Rosalie shot at me as I grabbed a soda out of the fridge. I turned around pissed off and Emmett turned around to hang with the guys!

How dare he?

"Well if it isn't Miss I-open-my-legs-for-anyone." I shot back as I opened my soda and went out to the barn before she could retort. Who did that bitch think she was? I quickly wiped a lone tear away as I walked up to a stool and sat down. I may not be the most gifted body wise but my body wasn't ugly. I heard a sound and turned to see Emmett coming into the barn. "Hey," I said quietly.

"Hey," He said and took a deep breath before continuing, so I braced myself. "What you said to Rose was uncalled for. You should apologize."

I felt my rage kick in.

"Are you kidding me!" I yelled standing up. "She started it so if she can't take it the bitch shouldn't dish it out! I'm so tired of you always taking her side. That's all you ever do. You've obviously forgotten our friendship."

"You were the one who ran out in your underwear! That was inappropriate." He said still defending Rosalie and I had enough of it.

"Alice was chasing me because I told her something jokingly she didn't like! I had no clue you guys were coming back from the fields and guess what? I fucking live here! She doesn't! If she doesn't like it she doesn't have to come back. In fact, I would prefer it. Now I have no clue as to why I ever liked you at all!" I stormed away tears coming down in rivers before hitting a brick wall again.

"Bella?" I heard his voice call out to me but I refused to look up. "What happened? What's wrong?"

"Everything is wrong! And it will continue to be as long as that ass in the barn keeps choosing his stupid bimbo over me, his supposed friend. I'm just done." I shoved him aside and ran up to my room slamming the door.

"Bella." I looked up to see Alice sitting on my bed. She slowly got up and came over to hug me. I hung on to her like there was no tomorrow, and only pulled away when I heard a little giggle. "Hun, I do need to breath, believe it or not."

"Sorry." I laughed.

"There! That's better, now go take a shower so we can make you hot!" And just like that, everything was fine, if only for the moment.

Alice pulled my hair up into a bun and did natural makeup. I was surprised she actually listened to me for once about how to dress me. Once she was done, I carefully laid my dress down on the floor and slid it up my body. Alice and I picked out a natural creme color for me to wear.

Alice, being the colorful person that she is, wore a purple halter top dress and left her hair down, with natural makeup.

Once Alice deemed us 'perfect', we made our way downstairs. I heard the guys laughing in the kitchen and took a deep breath before walking forward. I closed my eyes when we entered, and waited to heard something. Anything.

I heard Jake talking to Alice. And in that moment, I was actually jealous. She had a boyfriend who was proud of her, would stand with her, enjoy her.

Me? Well I had my horses. And, well yeah that's about it. I didn't want to stand there, looking like a dork, so I turned around and started walking out to my truck. I tripped going down the steps, and was really glad I had won the battle to wear my boots instead of heels. Bella two, Alice zero.

I went to grab my door handle when I felt two warm hands on my shoulders. I didn't need to turn around to know who they belonged to. A little sigh escaped my lips, and I wanted to do a face palm knowing that Paul probably heard it.

"Bella, you're beautiful. I imagined you in a dress, but that image did you no justice at all. I will have to fight off all the guys tonight."

I started to laugh. "Okay, whatever you say Paul." Before I knew it, I was spun around and Paul stared into my eyes. I wasn't sure if I wanted to look away, but I got lost. I saw the gentleness of his eyes, the warmth and kind soul that lay hidden within him.

I'm not sure what caused me to do it, but I leaned up, placing my lips on his. I felt a spark and gasped before pulling away, only to realize what I just did.

"Oh fuck! I'm so sorry Paul." I felt the warmth in my cheeks, and looked down at the ground.

"Hey, look at me." Paul said gently. When I showed no sign of looking up, he gently lifted my chin. I was instantly lost in his eyes again."There's nothing to be sorry about, and if there is, then I'm sorry too."

I looked at him questionably, what did he have to be sorry about? I got my answer when his lips touched mine. When he showed no sign of pulling away, I wrapped my arms around his shoulders; for the second time today, hanging on like there was no tomorrow.

Paul ran his tongue along my bottom lip, asking for permission. I didn't wait a moment longer in granting said permission. I was lost in Paul, nothing else was going on around us.

"Bella, Paul." Yeah, that sure pulled me back to the earth. I groaned pulling away from Paul, and looking into very angry eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment