Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Chapter Thirteen

Bella

As I stood there listening to my daughter talk to Edward, I had so many emotions running through me. He said that he didn't mean anything that he had said, but only said them to protect me from this life.

A life I became part of whether he liked it or not. He always wanted to protect me, and now looking back, it annoyed me. When in the hell did I need protection?

Yes, Alec was there to protect me when I needed him, but he let me be until I said so. Just like when I killed Victoria, he knew it was my fight. I knew he would protect me, but I didn't need protecting.

I watched as Aless ran by me, giving me a quick kiss and a 'love you momma', and then I was left alone with a man I once loved.

"Edward, why are you here?" I asked, walking into the beautiful garden.

"I told you, for the announcement of the new Princess, which I guess is you." I softly chuckled.

"No, I knew that, but that's not what I meant. Let me rephrase. Why are you here, in this garden?"

It became silent as his mind went crazy with so many thoughts; I finally just gave up on trying to figure them out. Finally it became quiet in his mind, before he said words out loud.

"Aless, your daughter, asked to speak to me out here."

"Edward, you are your own person, didn't anyone ever tell you not to give into peer pressure?" I giggled a little bit, earning a chuckle from him.

"Bella, I…we… can we just talk?" I heard in his mind he wanted to know what happened after I left.

"When you left, I became a zombie, a shell of a person. I moped around and didn't do anything. Then I left for college, and I got really pissed at you. I decided it was time to change everything about me. I can think my roommates for the actual change. Without them, I'm not sure I would have been able to do it. So anyway, we went to a club. It was the most fun I had had in a long time. I met Alec there.

Of course I later found out that he was sent to kill me. But anyway, Alec disappeared and I had a constant ache in my chest; worse than when you left me. Alcohol seemed to dull it, so I drank a lot. Alec and I met back up and started dating. Before long I came here for a visit, only to have to leave early because I got word that my father had been killed. After that, I left Forks and haven't been back. I got pregnant with Alex and Aless, and married Alec. Life has been pretty perfect since then."

He was quiet, thinking I'm sure. I was lost in my past to even worry about what he was thinking. We remained quiet for what felt like hours.

"Bella, I am so sorry for everything that happened. If I could go back I would. I would change it and never leave you."

I shook my head, not wanting to think about it. "Edward, I wouldn't go back in time for anything. If you hadn't left, we would both be miserable. It took me a long time before I figured out our love wasn't healthy. You didn't treat me as an equal, always protecting me."

"Bella, you need protecting!" He yelled.

"No I don't! I have raised two children; I have killed a vampire that has been hunting my ass since you fucking left! I am perfectly capable of protecting myself."

"You shouldn't have to. Your husband should be protecting you." Was he fucking serious?

"Edward, you really don't want to go there." I stated calmly.

"Yes, I really do." He replied.

"My husband does protect me, but he also treats me as an equal. Something you never did!" I screamed at him.

"Edward, man, back off." I looked around to see that we had an audience. Emmett had given Edward the warning, which it seemed like Edward wasn't going to take.

I looked around and saw my family standing around, even my children. I growled knowing they weren't in bed sleeping was because of Edward. Alec started to walk beside me but stopped when I looked at him and shook my head.

"Well I can see who is in control of that relationship. Nice Bella, you complain about me never treating you as my equal, yet here you are demanding your husband not to stand by you."

"Unlike you, I respect Bella, as my wife, my mate and the Princess." Alec stated.

"Oh yes, how could I forget?" He very sloppily bowed at me. Is he drunk?

"Edward, I think it's best that you leave." I said as I turned around to leave. Some woman walked by, slamming her shoulder into mine. I watched as she walked to Edward.

"So this is the famous Isabella Swan?" She sneered in my direction.

"Bella Volturi, but since you're not family, you can address her as Mrs. Volturi or Princess." Alex stated. I smiled at my son, praying Alec would take them back to their room.

"Don't sass me child." I heard my son growl and gave Alec a warning look.

"Alex, let's go. Aless, you as well. Jane, please take them?" Jane nodded and I watched as they walked back into the castle.

"You will not disrespect my children. He is correct onto how you should address me, and I advise that you start." She rolled her eyes, and looked lovingly at Edward. So this must be his mate.

"I think we will take our leave." Carlisle spoke. Edward growled causing us to look at him. "Edward, let's go." He stated firmly.

"I won't leave without Bella." Edward pouted. I laughed at this.

"I'm not going anywhere with you. You left to 'protect' me, so now I'm telling you to leave before you do something really fucking stupid." I stated simply.

"You will leave with me." Edward growled.

"Over my dead body." Alec growled back.

"Oh that can be arranged, kid." I saw both of them glare at each other. I smiled as Jane walked back to us.

"Edward, may I remind you that you are messing with the most powerful of the guard?" Jane asked sweetly. Since she and I started getting along, we became best friends, and actual sisters. I loved her even more in that moment.

"Oh yes, the witch twins, how could I forget?" He sneered.

"They're not the only two you need to worry about young friend." My father calmly stated. "In fact, I'm sure if you keep going, you will find many enemies."

"I'm not scared. Bella will leave with me. She has no reason to stay here. I can take the place as her husband. She will come crawling back to me, beginning for me to take her back."

I started at him dumbfounded. Was this nut job fucking serious? Him take the place of my loving and oh so yummy husband? Ha! Before anyone could reply, Edward was on the ground in pain.

"Tsk, tsk Edward. I gave you plenty of warning." Aro spoke.

"For one, you could never measure up to be good enough for my mother. For two, you could never replace my father." Alex said coming to stand in front of me. When he released Edward from his pain, Edward was left panting.

"As I stated, you are dealing with the most powerful in the guard." Jane repeated.

"Not yet Aunt Jane." Aless giggled.

"Not gonna happen little girl." Alec kissed her forehead.

"Wait a damn minute. Bella your child did that?" Edward asked shocked.

"What can I say, I have good offspring." I laughed.

Edward took a step towards me, making the guard step forward. He growled but mainly ignored them.

"Bella, you can call off your watch dogs, I won't hurt you." I was getting tired of his games.

"Your right, you wouldn't hurt me. You just left me for someone else to kill. You just left me for dead on that fucking forest floor. You left, and went on your merry little fucking way. You know, my father died, and while it wasn't by your hand physically, the blood is still on your hands! As for the guard, I don't need them to protect me, as I said before; I'm capable of doing this myself."

"Just because you're considered a newborn, you couldn't hold yourself against an experienced vampire Bella. I move away and you become an impolite, selfish woman whose head is way too big."

"Do you really believe that?" He just nodded. "I will put you through more pain then my son or Jane can do. I will enjoy this. I will make you feel all the pain you ever made me feel, and everything you have ever done to me." I seethed before Edward was lying on the ground screaming out in pain. Ha, fucking pussy!

No comments:

Post a Comment