Saturday, March 5, 2011

Chapter Nine


Bella

I slammed the door shut and turned around to see Billy sitting in the hallway.

"Now, that wasn't very nice of you was it?" Billy chuckled.

"He was a dick, I will not put up with it," was my smart reply.

Billy was about to say something, but was caught off by the door once again being slammed. I turned around to see my 'brother' and another older looking guy. What the fuck do they feed these guys?

"What got Paul all worked up?" Jacob laughed out.

"Your sister gave him a very – uh . . . warm welcoming."

"Welcoming my fucking ass. He was a dick, I told him off, and I'm over it. Let's eat."

"Hell yeah! I like her." Unknown guy said. I looked at him, silently asking who the fuck he was. "Oh, I'm Embry by the way." He held his hand out for me to shake. I took it, and I swear to God, my hand disappeared in his.

"Bella, nice to meet ya."

"Oh, I know who you are." Then he winked at me, yes, he winked. How old was this kid?

"Okay, shall we eat?" Billy asked, wheeling into the room. Jacob and Embry grunted, which I'm guessing was their agreement. I left for the kitchen to get everything set out on the table when the doorbell went off again.

"Come in." Billy said, he didn't yell it; I rolled my eyes and started towards the door. No way could someone hear that. I was shocked when Mr. Asshole came walking through with a beautiful woman fallowing him.

"Hello again, Bella." He greeted nicely. No point in him being nice just because his girlfriend is here.

"Hey there Mr. Asshole. I would ask how you are doing tonight, but then that would mean I care. And trust me, I really don't." I replied before walking off. I went to the kitchen, made a quick plate and went to my bedroom. I'm pretty sure I heard growling but could care less.

I spent the rest of the night in my room. I started unpacking some of my clothing, trying to take the wrinkles out. I finally gave up and just hung them up. No point in them looking perfect, I wasn't trying to impress anyone here.

Once I was sure no one would hear me, I grabbed my bottle of vodka that I had hidden in my bags and I silently opened the bedroom window and climbed out.

I made my way in the dark towards where I could hear the waves of the ocean crashing into the rocks. Once I got to the sand, I took my shoes and socks off and proceeded barefoot. The cooled sand felt good on my over heated feet.

I felt a stray tear slide down my cheek, knowing James would have loved this. I couldn't believe he was gone. Maybe it didn't feel real because I wasn't at the funeral. I didn't want any details about it. All I knew was he wasn't here with me; he wasn't where I wanted him to be. The night James died, I lost my soul. I lost my being. I lost everything.

Even though I was pissed off at my mom and dad, I wished they were still here. I wanted more than anything to be with them, even if that meant dying.

When I finally stopped walking, I had less than a quarter of my vodka left and I was at the edge of a cliff, looking over. At the bottom, I could see the outlines of large, sharp rocks. That's all it would take, just a simple step. I would find myself with no footing but wouldn't freak out. I would just let myself fall, let myself just be.

I took a small step forward, ignoring the pull I felt. I didn't want to feel the pull; it was pulling me in the opposite direction of James and my parents.

I took another step forward, ready to let myself fall, ready to meet my family again. The only thing that stopped me was a burning hand grabbing me.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?"

Jared

I was having a peaceful dream of my blonde beauty when I bolted up in bed. I felt a small ache in my chest that just wouldn't go away.

I threw on a pair of athletic shorts, t-shirt and sneakers, and walked outside. It was a warmer night out tonight, so I figured I'd go for a short jog and calm down.

I just started jogging, no place in mind for an ending destination. I just went. I could smell Jake doing rounds and decided to stop and say hi to him.

I went to a spot I knew he would be soon and waited. Not even five minutes later, he showed up. It didn't take him long to phase back.

"Hey, man, what's up?"

"Nada. Just went for a run. How about you?" I asked.

"Well, well, well, what are you girls doing?" I turned around to see Paul walking towards us.

"Hey Paul. Did you see Bella again?" Jake asked. I couldn't help but laugh with what happened earlier running through my head.

"Na, when I got there she wasn't there. Man, she's fucking hot, but the bitchiness rules out the hotness."

"I wouldn't know. Okay, I'm going to get going."

"Where you going?" I internally groaned at Paul's question.

"Running, later." I replied walking away.

"Let's go cliff diving!" I thought about it, and it seemed like a good idea.

"Alright let's go." It didn't take long for him to catch up.

When we got to the top of the cliff, I saw a small figure. I could tell by the outline that it was a female. She was looking at the sky, and I could smell that she had been crying. She had a bottle in her hand, so I figured she had been drinking.

I felt a small pull towards her, and slowly took a step forward. I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned around to see a smirk on Paul's face.

"That's Bella." He said low enough so she didn't hear. I watched as she took a step closer to the edge. What the fuck is she doing? She took another step, and my inner wolf yelled at me. Stop her! I ran towards her and grabbed her arm as she was about to take another step; a step that she wouldn't have been able to recover from.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?"

Bella

"Why the fuck do you care?" I screamed.

"I don't! But since you are Jake's sister, again, what the hell do you think you're doing?"

I pulled my arm out of his grasp and turned back around. This stupid fucker was not going to ruin my plan. I started walked back towards the edge of the cliff to be pulled once again away.

"Let me the fuck go!" I screamed.

"Not until you tell me what you were doing?" I ignored him and started fighting against him.

"Fuck you! Let me the fuck go!" I screamed.

"Jared, Paul, what the fuck are you doing?" I heard a woman scream.

"Back off Leah." The guy holding me said. I continued to fight against the guy named Jared.

"Jared, let her go, now." For once, I was a little scared.

Jared let me go, and I couldn't help it, I fucking punched him. It probably didn't hurt him since both Paul and Jared just smirked at me.

"Do you feel better now?" Jared asked.

"Fuck you!" Leah walked up and grabbed me pulling me away from them. We started walking away and stopped at the edge of the forest.

"Are you alright?" I nodded my head to confirm I was fine. "I'm Leah by the way."

"Bella. Nice to meet you. How do you know those guys?" I asked my new friend.

"We used to hang out until they got into Sam's gang." She spit out the name Sam.

"Wait… Mr. Asshole?" I asked. She looked at me like I had gained another head. "Sam Uley?" I giggled out.

"Yeah, I take it you met him?"

"Oh, you could say that. He picked us up at the airport and was a complete asshole. Hint the name Mr. Asshole." Leah busted up laughing, and I quickly joined her. I liked this chick.

"Come on, let's go." We kept walking into the woods.

"Do you know where we are?" I asked.

"Oh yeah, I grew up in these woods." I felt a small pang of jealousy before I squashed it.

"Okay."

We walked for what seemed like forever. It was starting to get lighter out before we stumbled upon other people. There were two guys; both of which were hot. One was built but leaner, and had bronze colored hair. The other was a complete opposite however; tall and very well built with blond hair. The only thing the two had in common was their gold eyes.

"Hello. I'm Edward Cullen, this is my brother Emmett. How are you ladies tonight?"

I watched as Leah flinched back a little bit. Hmm, will have to ask her about that one later. I stepped forward to shake his hand. "Bella," I introduced myself. When I stepped back beside Leah, she grabbed my hand and started to pull me backwards.

I heard the guys growl and crouch a little bit, their eyes locked on something. I turned to look at what they were looking at and groaned.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me." I said out loud. This was really getting ridiculous.

Out stepped Jared, Paul, and my brother Jake. I watched as both group of guys kept eyes on each other.

"Bella, care to explain?" Jake asked.

"Nope, I don't answer to you or any of your retarded friends." I replied. I heard them growl before I was thrown over a shoulder. I kicked and screamed and noticed Leah was doing the same. The guy started running towards what I assumed was La Push.

I kicked and screamed the entire time. I was started to get dizzy from all the blood rushing to my head, and I was getting really pissed. Who the fuck did these guys think they were? They couldn't just stop me from living my fucking life. It was my damn life to live!

I landed with a thump on the hard floor.

"Umph." Passed through my lips. I waited for the dizziness to pass before I looked up at my captor; Jared.

"What the fuck!" I screamed. I saw him flinch a little bit and laughed.

"I'm tired of saving your ass. That's twice within two damn days!"

"I didn't ask you to fucking save me! I don't want you to save me! I don't need to be saved!"

"You could have fooled me. Do you know what's out in that forest?" I snorted, yes, you heard right, I snorted.

"Oh no, is the boogeyman going to come get me?" I tried saying with a straight face. But let's face it, just the thought made me laugh.

"Bella." Jared growled out.

"Oh, get over yourself." I barely got it out before I was thrown over his shoulder again. This time I got thrown on my bed.

"Don't move until you can learn to listen." I watched as Jared walked out of my room and the sound of a lock. I rolled my eyes; did he really think locking the door would keep me in here? I noticed my window was still open and made my way over to it.

I crawled out of the window and around to the front door. I opened it and saw Jared standing in front of my bedroom. I stood in the living room smirking.

"Hey dumbass, you really think you could lock me in my room? A room that has a window? Are you really that fucking retarded?"

"What the, how the, what the fuck!" Jared stuttered. I heard someone clear their throat and turned around to see even more guys.

"Is there a problem here?" Billy asked. I saw Mr. Asshole smirking at Jared, like he knew a secret but wasn't willing to share with the fucking class. Asshole.

"Nope, not at all." I walked up to Jared, and talked in a deadly whisper. "If you ever fucking touch me again, I will cut your damn dick off and feed it to the fucking wolves. Got it?"

Jared went as stiff as a board, as well as all the guys in the room. I didn't know what had caused it, but whatever. I walked into my room, just to get away from the guys in the room. I heard quiet talking and left my door open a crack to hear them.

"Dude, what the hell. Afraid to stand up to Bella?" Sam asked. I stormed back out of my room.

"The day one of you guys actually grows the fucking balls to stand up to me, I'll be surprised." I said. I laughed at their shocked faces and turned around and started walking back to my room. I mumbled right as I was about to enter my room, "God, just being around you guys any longer is going to make me pms."

"You don't have to worry about pms-ing; you're a damn bitch all the time anyway." Came Jared's voice.

"Do you have a fucking problem?" I yelled. I noticed not once did he look me in the eyes. Fucking coward.

"The only problem around here seems to be that large stick stuck up your ass." I whipped around to see everyone in the room trying to hold in their laughter.

"Oh, can you feel the love? Because I sure as hell can." Sam just had to put his two fucking cents in.

"Fuck you! Fuck all of you! Mainly you Jared. Your such a fucking pussy you can't even look me in the damn eyes when you talk to me!"

I walked in my room and grabbed my shampoo heading in the direction of the bathroom. After shaving and washing my hair, I wrapped my towel around me and went back to my room.

I slammed my door shut and went straight to my dresser and pulled out a tank top and boy shorts. I dropped my towel and bent over to put my underwear on, when I heard someone clear their throat. I turned around and stood there in all of my fucking glory.

"What the fuck are you doing in here?" I yelled.

No comments:

Post a Comment