Saturday, March 5, 2011

Chapter Sixteen Part Two

Unknown

I ran at a steady place, taking in my surroundings. Victoria said to meet her around this town called La Push and said she had news about Bella. I never would have thought Bella, would be here. My beautiful, sweet, innocent, loving, Bella.

I could tell by the way she acted, she wasn't the same. She was heartbroken, and I couldn't do anything about it.

Of course, I didn't know she was alive until recently. Victoria had wanted to go to a mall and get some clothes. She tried on and got some clothes, then as we were leaving, I heard the voice that I had loved once upon a time; Bella. I didn't believe it was her. I did the only thing I could do, besides kill her, and walked away. It was better for both of us this way.

Ever since I woke up to this life, I have loved Victoria. She completed me in ways I never knew were possible.

At first, I did feel bad. I had the intentions of marrying Bella, having a family, and living out our lives.

The night of my birthday changed everything though. It was one of the few memories of a human I had. I remember everything clearly, as if it had just happened.

I woke up bright and early, extremely happy that is was my birthday and family day with Bella's family.


My family and I haven't been really close since I started dating Bella. Hell, who am I kidding? We were never close; the distance just grew the longer I was with Bella.


Her family was rich, but my family still thought she wasn't good enough for me, that she was the scum on the bottom of their shoes.


But she wasn't, hell, her family had more money than mine. She didn't show it though. She was a simple woman, and I loved that about her. She would let loose just to have fun, not to make a scene.


Her family welcomed me with open arms, and never questioned anything I did.


My parents however, questioned everything. Nothing was good enough for them.


I let myself into the Dwyer house and kissed Renee on the cheek.


"Mornin' Ma. Whatcha got cookin?" I asked.


"What would ya like hun?" She asked softly.


"Hmm, I'll think about it while I get Bella up. My guess is she's being a bum and still in bed?" She nodded and I chuckled, making my way up the stairs.


"Good luck James, she locked the door." Phil said, walking by me.


I smirked before pulling out my key. I jiggled the key in the door knob, trying to get it unstuck, and finally got the door open. I walked in and saw my baby girl lying in bed with her back to me. I knew she was awake, so I closed the door and made my way to her.


I slipped my shoes off, before I wrapped my arms around her, feeling at home. "Babe, no offense but you suck at acting." I whispered in her ear.


"What if I said I was acting to everyone would leave me alone until I had a sexy man in my bed to hold me?" She whispered.


"Then I'd say that you still suck at acting and I need to find this sexy guy and beat the shit out of him for getting in my girls bed."


She giggled as I lifted the blankets up and slid under them. She didn't hesitate to roll on top of me and leaned down give me a kiss. She moved her hips, causing me to get even harder.


I grabbed her ass to hold her still, and moaned. "Bella, must you wear clothes like that?" I barely got out.


"MmHmm, happy birthday baby." She purred into my ear.

That morning was the last time I would ever be with Bella intimately again. It was so full of love, and commitment, that I wasn't shocked that I wanted to propose to her and make her my wife. I would ask her as soon as I got her the ring she deserved.

We spent the day with her family, going to the movies, eating and just having fun and enjoying each other.


I was prepared to go back to home and just lay with Bella for the rest of the night. I was, however, not surprised when Jami called.


"Yo baby. What's going on?" I answered.


"Aw, well, wanted to tell you happy birthday!"


"Thank you. What did you get me?"


"I got a party going on right now, waiting for you to come!"


I vaguely heard Bella asking her mom. I knew we would be going so I just told we would be there shortly.


I walked in and was surrounded by friends and classmates telling me happy birthday. I thanked them all as Bella and I were handed drinks from everyone. I only had a couple beers, just enough to feel it, but not enough to do anything.


Bella pulled me out onto the dance floor, and started moving her body with mine. We were so in tune with each other; it surprised me at times with just how well we moved together.


Bella and I drank some more. We danced the night away and I couldn't have been happier. It was the best birthday I had had in a long time.


I could tell Bella was starting to get tired and had enough to drink. I knew I could handle alcohol a lot better then she could, so I helped her walk.


"James, baby, you ready to go home?"


"Yeah, let me call your parents, since we're too drunk to walk, and everyone is too drunk to drive." I replied while pulling out my phone.


"I'll meet you right here. I really gotta pee." I chuckled as she stumbled her way to the bathroom.


When her mom answered, I told her we were ready and was happy to know it wasn't as late as I had originally thought it was. Renee said that they would be on their way and to meet them outside.


"Your parents are going to be here in about five minutes." I told Bella when she has made it back to me.


We walked, well more like I walked; Bella stumbled, out to the curb and waited. It wasn't long before her parents showed up.


"Thanks for coming and getting us mom and dad." Bella giggled.


"I'm just glad you called us, instead of trying to get in a vehicle with drunk people." Renee replied.


Bella nodded, and layed her head down on my lap. I ran my fingers through her long hair, knowing it would help her sleep. I knew she was going to have a bad hangover tomorrow and knew she would be making trips to the bathroom tonight. I'd have to remember to leave the bathroom door open and the light on.


I heard an intake of breath and looked up, only to see headlights coming towards us. Bella sat up, and I couldn't let this happen to her. I knew what was going to happen.


I quickly threw her down and covered her body with mine, so she was wedged between the seat and me. I heard the loud noise, the crunching of the car, and felt the pain.


"Bella, I love you."

That was the last thing I remember. I felt the pain, the burning and finally waking up to being what I am now.

I had thought Bella was killed in that wreck. All of us should have been, but Victoria had saved me.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by a scream. I worked my way over to where it was and stopped.

Bella was standing by a tree, screaming. "Why me? What the fuck did I ever do to you?"

I watched as she fell to the ground and screamed again. I took a step towards her, but paused. She quickly looked around and I took a step back, not sure what to do. I heard a twig snap fallowed by a "Wh… who's there?"

I slowly walked out to where she could see me. Bella shook her head and scrambled to her feet.

"No! No! What kind of joke is this?" She screamed.

"Bella, there is no joke. It's me." I replied quietly.

"James….?"

No comments:

Post a Comment