Monday, March 14, 2011

Chapter Twelve

*Unedited*


Edward

Don't look back. Don't look back. Don't look back. I kept repeating this in my head as I ran for Alaska. Leaving Bella was the hardest, yet easiest thing I could have ever done. It was hard because I loved her more then my own existence, yet it was the same reason it was the easiest to leave. I knew my life style wasn't for Bella. Leaving her was the best thing I could have done.

After three months of being in Alaska, I my family had had enough of my moping around. Emmett pinned me down one day and said that I had made this decision so I had better straighten up. I knew he was right, of course. But even then, it didn't make me feel better.

I decided to leave for awhile and Tanya came with me. We traveled all over the United States, and Canada. Being alone with Tanya, I really got to know her. Somewhere on our travel, I had fallen in love with her. This was hard to accept, I still loved Bella, but I could never be with her. Tanya was here, and I could be with her.

We decided it was time to head home, since we hadn't talked to either of our families since we had left. We took our time heading back, and just enjoying our time together.

When we got back to the house, I looked at Tanya before taking her hand. Opening the door, I was consumed with thoughts of how happy our family was that we were home. When we came into the room everyone was in, they saw us holding hands.

"I knew it!" Alice clapped, jumping up and down.

"About time." Kate replied.

"Well as you can see, Tanya and I are together." I stated. Everyone was excited and we talked for over an hour about what we did and where we had gone.

"Oh! I forgot to mention. We leave tomorrow for the Volturi house." Carlisle stated.

"Why are we going to visit the Volturi's?" I asked. I didn't want to really be anywhere near them.

"They are having a ball. The crowning of a new princess." Victoria flashed threw his mind before he thought of something else.

"Carlisle, why are you thinking about Victoria?"

"Well last month, the Volturi Guard were here looking for her. She has started a new born army. I'm guessing they are going to put an end to it."

"Bella, do you think she's after Bella?" I began to panic a little bit.

"Edward calm down." Tanya said. I could sense a little jealousy but ignored it.

"We left her unprotected."

"No Edward, Bella is attending school over seas. At least according to the Seattle College she is." Carlisle said.

We spent the rest of the night talking about everything. I couldn't believe how much I had really missed my family. We left late the next afternoon for Italy. Once we landed, Alice got really excited, causing me to groan.

"Alice, what is it?" Tanya asked.

"Shopping!" That's all it took, one word, and it made all the girls squeal and the guys to groan.

By the time everything was said and done, we were two hours late for the ball. We had missed the introduction of the new princess. Walking into the room, I heard great things about the new princess. She's so nice. Easy to talk to. Beautiful. Going to be a great princess. I was happy and kind of excited to meet her. Tanya and I danced a couple times before meeting back up with the family.

"So have any of you met her yet?" Kate asked.

"No, but I'm both hearing by mouth and thought that she is nice, smart and beautiful." I spoke. I felt Tanya nudge me and giggle. "No worries. She can't be more beautiful then you are."

"Kiss ass." Everyone laughed at Tanya's response.

That's when I saw her. She was a bit taller, but still beautiful. She was walking with two younger men and a younger woman. I knew one of the men to be Alec Volturi, one of the guards here. Before I knew it my feet were walking towards her.

"Bella, is that you? What are you doing here?" Bella turned. I'm pretty sure the whole room looked at us.

Bella had pain on her face. I wasn't sure what had caused this. Looking closer at her, I could tell she had been turned. She was no longer my warm, human Bella. I saw the younger woman grab Alec's hand, and a low growl start in the man's chest. Bella seemed to snap out of whatever she was in, and visibly straighten herself up.

"What do you mean by, what am I doing here?" Her voice was even more beautiful.

"With the Volturi. I mean, just wow. What are you doing here."

"Edward, this is my home. Better question would be, why are you here?" She had grown confident.

"Well, the whole family is here for the ball. We came to meet the new Princess." She laughed. She actually laughed at what I just said.

"As I recall, you have already met her." What is she talking about? Then it hit me.

"You are the new princess?"

"Yes. I would like for you to meet my husband, Alec, and children, Alex and Aless." So she was married and had children. I stood there staring at the younger man and woman. Looking closely at them, I could see Bella in both of them.

"How can you have children. You've been changed."

"I really don't think you need the sex talk Edward." Bella laughed.

"No, I mean, you've been changed. You can't have children."

"I got pregnant before I was changed. Now if you'll excuse me, my children need to go to bed." She stated before walking off. The young woman grabbed both men's hands, making them nod then walk away.

"Edward, come for a walk with me." She sounded so much like Bella. All I could do was nod and fallow her. She led me down many halls and turns before we came to a small garden. "Sit." I did as I was told. "We were not sure if you would make it. Your family told my father that they couldn't get ahold of you."

"Yes, I was traveling." Thoughts entered my mind of the time I was gone.

"Ah, good I see you have a mate." I didn't say I had a mate, I thought it, but didn't say it. "Your not the only one that can read minds. There is also a reason you can not read mind. However that is not important. What is important, is that you need to leave. Threw my mothers thoughts, I know what it was like when you left her. I'm hoping that you left for the correct reasons and not the ones that you told her. I also saw what she looked like when my father met her. Did you know my mother has been threw hell since you left her?"

"No." It was all I could answer with.

"My father was actually sent to kill her. He was to kill her because she knew of vampire existence from you and your family. Thankfully, my father fell in love with her, and was able to save her. He saved her in more ways then one."

"How so? How did he save her in more ways then one?"

"May I show you?" I was confused but nodded. She grabbed my hand, making me really confused. Then I saw what seemed to be like a movie. I saw Bella at a bar, maybe a night club, drinking. Then dancing with a man that once he turned, I saw was Alec. Then she was in a house, drinking, a lot.

"That's not even most of it. When you left, my mother was almost dead. She started drinking, then met my father. He had to fallow orders and leave her alone for a while. Once they met back up, mom got better. Then when they were on a visit here, she got a call that her father, my grandfather, had been killed. I watched the scene from the thoughts of someone evil. I watched as she killed my grandfather, and I couldn't do anything about what had been done."

"Victoria. Where is she?"

"Gone." Simple answer, but I knew what she meant.

"Who?"

"Well my brother just about killed her, as well as my father and myself and all the guard. But it was mom who killed her."

"So you are a full vampire? You must be if you would be able to kill her."

"No, as mom said. She was human when she was pregnant with my brother and me. We are half human half vampire. But we both have gifts that many vampires will fear."

"How has she been since she's been here?"

"Happy. She found her soul mate in my father and had us. Even though we like to give her and dad trouble." She giggled out.

"Good. Ya know, when I left, I was leaving to try and save her. I didn't mean anything I said to her. I was trying to save her from this life."

"I figured as much. But I gotta go back in, momma is telling me time to get my butt in bed. She wants to talk to you, so stay here." Before I could reply, she was gone. Bella wanted to talk to me. How mad at me could she really be? Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment