Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Chapter Six



Jared

To say I was shocked would have been a huge understatement. First, Sam imprints on not only someone, but that said someone is the cousin of his ex-girlfriend. Then Paul moves back because he phased. And now, not only do we find out that Billy Black has a daughter, which meant Jake had a sister, Jake then phases. It was hard to wrap my head around everything.

It took us over four hours to get Jake to phase back to human, and even then he still wasn't calm. You could still see him shaking and about to phase again.

"Jacob, calm down!" Sam ordered. I heard it in his voice, the alpha had spoken. Jake calmed down immediately, luckily not causing any damage to anyone or anything in the house. Jake looked at Billy, and you could see the questions in his eyes, hell we all had questions.

"What do you mean, my sister?" Jake asked through clenched teeth.

"Exactly as I said, she is your sister." Billy stated simply. He looked at us and knew we weren't going to just drop it. He took a deep breath before continuing. "Renee and I met through Charlie Swan one day when he came down here. I felt drawn to her, but knew that I hadn't imprinted. When Charlie was killed in a car accident, Renee and I became close. She moved in, having no other place to go. I fell in love with her, and one thing led to another. She got pregnant with Isabella and not long later she gave birth. Renee was always mad and questioning where I was all the time. Of course, since she wasn't my imprint I couldn't tell her. Two years after Isabella was born, Renee had had enough and wanted to leave. Of course I wasn't going to let her go with my child. I got so mad I phased in front of her. I ran off and thought things through, trying to figure out how to save our relationship. When I got back, Renee had everything packed and in the car. She said that I would be getting papers from her lawyer, and that I had to sign over my parental rights to Isabella, or she would share my secret with everyone. It broke my heart, but when I got the papers three weeks later, I did as she told me. I signed my rights over and have never seen or heard from her again."

All I could do was stand there. I couldn't believe this Renee chick was such a bitch. Who would really take their child away from her father?

"Is this Renee my mother also?" Jake asked.

"No, your mother was my imprint I met her after Renee left." Jake seemed to be lost in thought, before standing up.

"Well, I don't know about you, but I would like to meet my sister." Jake yelled while walking over to his lap-top and opening it. He was going to trust the good ol' internet.

~Jake~

I couldn't believe that I actually had a sister. I also couldn't believe that her mother was a bitch. I just had to know.

"Is this Renee my mother also?"

"No, your mother was my imprint I met her after Renee left."

"Well, I don't know about you, but I would like to meet my sister." I yelled while walking over to my lap top and opening it. "Who am I searching for?"

"Renee Wilson." Billy answered. He was hiding something.

I let it go and opened the search browser typing in Renee Wilson. I sat there, my leg bouncing up and down, waiting for the damn page to load. When it finally loaded, there was a page for a magazine. I pulled the page up and saw that it was an article for a wedding.

Today, Philip Dwyer married his long time girlfriend and mother of his daughter.

Philip is well known as a professional baseball player here in Phoenix Arizona.

The happy family will be going to Disney Land for a small vacation.

Then I saw the picture. Philip was holding Isabella and kissing her cheek while Renee smiled at them. I felt myself start shaking; knowing he said Isabella was his daughter. I hit back and typed in Renee Dwyer. I just pulled up family pictures or baseball games. Then I saw it; Isabella Marie Dwyer. I quickly typed that into the search and got over 10,000 results. The older dated results were of her growing up. Then they started showing her at parties, her with friends just walking down the street. Then there was a picture of her and some James guy. When I saw a picture of her I had to laugh.

"What's funny Jake?" Dad asked.

"Renee's husband says that Isabella is his daughter. You can clearly see that she's not. She looks just like you." I saw pain flicker in his eyes and turned back to my computer.

The more I looked at the pictures, the worse they were getting. I was getting mad. Isabella really liked to party and drink. She was wild, and from the pictures, looked like she might even act like a slut and sleep around. There was almost a new guy in every picture of her. I was shaking and just about to shut my lap top down when a headline caught my eye.

Drunk Driver Kills Famous Baseball Player and Family:

Late last night, drunk driver, Mason Coles, fell asleep and crossed the center line, hitting the Dwyer Family.

Emergency services were called to the scene, where they pronounced Mason Coles, Philip Dwyer, and Renee Dwyer

deceased. Isabella Dwyer and boyfriend, James Gigandet, where rushed to the hospital.

James Gigandet died two hours into his surgery. Isabella Dwyer is known to be in a coma.

This was a great loss, not only for the baseball world, but personal lives.

Mason Coles was tested and found to have an alcohol limit of 0.29 as well as numerous drugs in his system.

I swear I felt a tear run down my cheek. I may have possibly lost a sister that I will never get to know. I felt all my anger flare at this Mason Coles guy. How could someone that drunk even think to drive?

"Jacob, what's wrong?" Dad asked. All I could do was hand him the lap top. I couldn't say a word, I couldn't look at him, I couldn't move.

~Billy~

I sat there as I watched Jake search on the computer. I knew that Renee had married many years ago. I also knew that Isabella had taken Renee's new husband's last name. Of course I was mad, but there was nothing that I could do. Renee had made me sign my rights away.

I had kept a search going on them until about three years ago. It just hurt too much to see how much Isabella looked like me. She has grown into a beautiful young woman. Although she does seem to like to party, she seemed mature. Jake sniffling brought me out of my thoughts.

"Jacob, what's wrong?" He kept his eyes glued in front of him and slowly handed me his lap top. My heart broke just reading the headline.

Drunk Driver Kills Famous Baseball Player and Family.

Late last night, drunk driver, Mason Coles, fell asleep and crossed the center line, hitting the Dwyer Family.

Emergency services were called to the scene, where they pronounced Mason Coles, Philip Dwyer, and Renee Dwyer

deceased. Isabella Dwyer and boyfriend, James Gigandet, where rushed to the hospital.

James Gigandet died two hours into his surgery. Isabella Dwyer is known to be in a coma.

This was a great loss, not only for the baseball world, but personal lives.

I now understood why my son couldn't move. I looked to see if there was an updated article and sighed in relief when I found one.

Update from: Drunk Driver Kills Famous Baseball Player and Family.

Isabella Dwyer was released from St Joseph's Hospital two weeks after a car accident that

changed her life. Both of her parents, Philip and Renee Dwyer, and boyfriend James Gigandet, were killed when

drunk driver Mason Coles crossed center line and hit the Dwyer Family car head on.

Philip and Renee Dwyer were killed on impact, as well as Mason Coles.

Gigandet died two and a half hours after the accident while in surgery.

Gigandet Family are suing owner of vehicle, Sarah Coles, for allowing a drunk driver to

drive her vehicle.

Isabella Dwyer had been reported to live with Godmother, Anna Walker.

"Sam, if someone signs parental rights away, but are the only living blood relative, what can be done?" I asked Sam.

"Let me check into it." I nodded to Sam, and watched as he walked out of the house.

"Dad, now what?" Jake asked.

"We do what we can."

We sat there in silence, just thinking. Isabella had already had a hard life, and that was just within the last two months. It seemed like days passed by, but it was really only an hour or so, before Sam came back.

"Well what did you find out?"

"Since you and Jake are the only blood relatives alive, you have a right to step forward and get custody of Isabella. It won't be easy but can be done."

"Let's do it then." I stated, happy that I will get to see my daughter again.

"Billy, there's something else." I felt my stomach drop, now what?

"What?" I mumbled out.

"She has a police record."

No comments:

Post a Comment