Saturday, March 5, 2011

Chapter Thirteen



Paul 

"Bella, why are you limping?" I looked up from the sound of Jared's voice. I knew something was going on, the way he was always acting when Bella came into conversation. I'm pretty sure that he had imprinted on her.

I almost laughed. I never wanted to imprint, I loved the ladies, and fuck if they didn't love me. I could get any girl I wanted. I didn't want to be tied down by just one fucking chick, ever.

I looked up to see what had Jared throwing a bitch fit this time, and I really shouldn't have. I looked into the most beautiful eyes I had ever seen. Everything in me shifted, and I cussed myself out. Way to go Paul, you say you never want to have an imprint, and now you got one, congratulations.

Jared went to take a step towards Bella, I'm sure, but my wolf yelled that it was towards my imprint. I put my hand on his shoulder to stop him.

I lazily smiled at my imprint and groaned even more. I imprinted on the second biggest bitch in La Push, fuck me now!

I knew the story behind why Leah was such a bitch. Hell, she and Sam should have been together, but fate had to step on every ones toes once again.

"I'm not limping." Bella replied.

"Don't fucking lie to me." Oh hell, Jared is pissed.

"You ain't my fucking dad! I don't have to tell you didily shit fucker!" She screamed at him. Oh this shall be interesting! And to make it even better, she had balls! She turned around and fucking walked away from his ass. I stood there looking after them until Leah moving towards them finally made my fucking feet move.

We got outside, and all hell broke loose. I don't mean like barely the storm, with a few sprinkles, ah no, we had the hail and all!

"Isabella, stop and look at me." Jared commanded her. She froze and turned around.

"Whoop his fucking ass Bella." I hear Leah mumble. I turned around to see her smirking. Oh, that fucking smirk would put my panting dropping smirk to shit.

"Excuse me!" She screamed.

"Why are you limping?" He tried again.

"Fuck you!" She screamed. She turned around and ran. Leah started moving towards her again, and I followed.

"Stay!" Jared yelled back to us.

We all stood there watching for a minute. This wasn't going to end very well, we all knew that. Leah started running after them and was halfway there before I got to her.

"Leah!" I demanded.

"Paul, don't fucking even! She's hurting, and he's only going to make it worse!"

"Leah, leave them be." I grabbed her around the waist.

"Let me go." She got out between clenched teeth. I noticed she starting shaking.

"No." I stated calmly. It only seemed to piss her off more.

"Paul, I'm warning you."

"Paul, don't push her." Billy warned.

"Or what Leah?" I just had to do it.

She just shook her head and stomped towards Jared and Bella.

"Leah, leave them be!"

We got to where I knew Leah could hear them and heard yelling. I grabbed Leah around the waist, and for once she didn't fight me.

"Fuck you!" Bella screamed. There was a pause as I witnessed the blood on Bella's jeans, then as Jared dropped to the ground.

"Paul, what's going on?" Leah whispered.

I couldn't bring myself to answer her; one because I didn't know, and two, because I was scared to find out the truth.

"Why, Bella?" Jared whispered.

"Why? You want to know why! I lost my entire family and it's my fault! Then James, oh James, why did you have to save me? Why didn't you protect yourself? He just had to save me. I loved him so much. He was my everything! If I hadn't of wanted to go to that party they would still be here, and I wouldn't be stuck here, in Podunkville! Then I wouldn't have to look at you! I hate you for the way you make me feel! I hate you for thinking you could hold me, and everything will be fine. I hate you for caring. I fucking hate you for making me want to stop doing this. But most of all, I really fucking hate you for making me want to move forward, like this shitty fucking life is worth living for!"

"You didn't answer why." Jared pushed her.

"Paul, what is she talking about?" Leah asked.

"Why, because it's the only fucking thing in my life I have control over! I can control the pain my body goes through. I can control how often I feel that physical pain. When I feel the cold blade touch my warm skin, I know everything will be just fine, even if for a few minutes. I love the pain that I get when the blade pushes down into my skin and drags along. I love the way my skin spreads to let the blood push forward."

"Oh my God!" Leah gasped. "Bella hurts herself. How didn't I see this? What kind of friend am I?"

"Leah, you're a good friend. She had us all fooled. Please baby, don't blame yourself." I begged my imprint. I felt all her pain and wished I could just make it disappear.

"Bella let me help you."

"Didn't I tell you that if you ever touched me again, I would cut your dick off and feed it to the wolves?" Bella yelled.

"That mother fucker!" Leah yelled. She flung towards Bella and Jared, and I caught her midair. Before I could even fucking think, I had released Leah, and in her place stood a wolf. The most beautiful wolf I had ever seen. She was growling and baring her teeth at me. I knew this could end very badly.

"Leah, please look at me. Really look at me." I let out a sigh of relief when she looked at me and looked puzzled.

I quickly phased and heard in her thoughts what she was thinking.

"Leah, it's okay. You imprinted on me."

"What the hell is going on?" She screamed in my head.

"Our legends are true. We phase into giant fucking wolves to protect our people. What you're feeling with me is our imprint." I didn't have time to finish explaining when I heard Jared yell out.

"Bella… Sam!"

I saw pain flash through Leah's mind and stepped forward and nudged her with my head.

"This is my entire fault, if I would have paid better attention, she wouldn't be in this pain." She whimpered.

"Leah, this is not your fault. Phase back, let's help them." I told her how to phase and let my eyes wonder her naked form. We quickly got clothes and made our way to the beach, all the while listening to Leah blame herself.

"Leah, stop this now! This is not your fault. My guess is she's been doing this since before she even moved here. The only thing we can do now is to help her!" I growled. She nodded, and we ran to the beach

No comments:

Post a Comment