Saturday, March 5, 2011

Chapter Twelve



Jared

I stood there cursing myself out for, well just standing there. I felt my heart break watching Bella run away from me. I fought the pull that was screaming run after her dumbass. I took a step towards the direction Bella ran off to, only to stop myself.

I would not be one of the morons that ran after their imprint, I just wouldn't fucking do it. I felt my inner wolf growl at me but I ignored it with a huge fuck you!

I looked up to see Leah glaring at me and mumbled something along the lines of me being a fucking douchbag. Yeah, I totally agree. I just imprinted on the biggest bit…. Fuck! I couldn't even bring myself to call her a bad name.

I growled and went in the direction of my house. I threw the things my mom wanted on the counter and left before she could say anything. Imprinting had actually made it so I wasn't hungry for the first time since I became a wolf.

Making my way to the beach, I ignored everyone. There was no fucking way that I was going to tell anyone about this. I was going to fight this imprint as much as fucking possible. Granted, the imprint made me love Bella, she was my everything; but I didn't have to fucking like her. I internally laughed at that. Deciding to find out more about imprinting, I made my way over to Sam's. I didn't bother knocking and just walked in.

"Hey cousin, what are you up to?" I heard Sam's voice floating from the kitchen. I wondered my way in there and seen him and Emily sitting at the table eating.

"Hungry Jared? Ha, like I have to ask." Emily said as she handed me a plate. I took it, but just sat at the table and set the plate down.

"You're not hungry?" Emily asked, shocked. I shook my head and she looked at me like I was crazy. "Are you alright?"

"Yes, no, I don't fucking know." I huffed out. Sam raised an eyebrow at me in questioning. "Tell me about imprinting."

Sam gave me a knowing look before he answered me. "Jared, it's the greatest, yet scariest feelings in the world. When you look her in the eyes, you lose focus on everything and everyone. They no longer matter. You would do anything for her. Protect her with your life. You'll become whatever she needs you to be, whether that's a friend, brother or lover."

I sat there and thought about what he said. I wondered what would happen if we never told our imprint about it, then what the fuck could fate do? She already made my imprintee someone that I didn't want. As I thought that, I knew it was a lie.

"However, you can only fight it so long. Once you imprint, you need your imprintee to stay alive. It has been told in some legends, that if one part of the soul dies, the other will slowly die. I haven't heard of an imprinter or imprintee deny the imprint. Jared, I know you imprinted, I also know that at this point, you want nothing to do with her. It will change. You're forced to love her now, but soon it will turn into real love, love that wasn't forced upon you. You can't fight the imprint for long. The longer you fight it, the stronger the pull will become."

"How do you know I imprinted? Maybe I was just curious." Emily giggled and Sam chuckled. Now it was my turn to look at them like they had lost their damn minds.

"Jared, I knew she was your imprint before you did imprint. Which I'm guessing you just imprinted on her today?"

"How did you know before I imprinted?" I mumbled.

"The way you got so riled up over her. The way you wouldn't look her in the eye. Your inner wolf wasn't allowing you to look her in the eye, because you weren't ready."

"Well what the fuck makes me ready now?" I yelled. This was a fuck my life moment.

"Only you can answer that Jared, because I don't know. It might have nothing to do with you, but that this is the time that your imprint needs you. Jared, all I can say is try; Bella has had a…. rough couple of months to put it lightly."

"That poor girl, losing not only her parents, but her boyfriend as well. Jared, I really think there is more to the story. You cannot push it out of her though. I'm sure she's blaming herself for everything right now."

I had never thought that she would be blaming herself right now. If it were me in her spot, I guess I would to. I mean she lost her parents and as painful as it is for me to think about it, her boyfriend.

"Jared, I know it's starting to get late, so why don't you go home and sleep on it."

I looked up at my alpha and cousin, the guy that I considered my brother in all sense of the word. I nodded and stood from the table, and shuffled my feet out the door all the way to my room.

I stripped down and threw myself on my bed. I know that at one time, I thought having an imprint would be great. Hell knowing who your suppose to be with, the one woman that completes you in every single way.

But now, fuck, now it wasn't looking to grand. In fact I'm pretty sure I fucking hated it. How was Isabella Dwyer suppose to complete me and all that shit? Hell, she couldn't even complete herself.

I felt myself getting light headed, probably from all this thinking, and drifted off to sleep.

Waking up the next morning, my chest hurt, my leg hurt, and fuck, I felt like I was suffering from a huge hang over. I groaned rolling out of bed and pretty much crawled to the shower.

After the hot water worked its way into my muscles, I felt a whole hell of a lot better. Grabbing a towel I pulled myself out of the shower and wrapped it around my waist. I started walking to my room when Embry came in.

"Hey, where have you been?" I asked him.

"Well I was sleeping and then Jake like freaked out. I took over his patrol and just got home." He yawned and I felt kinda bad for my little brother.

"Alright. I didn't use all the hot water, not that it would bother you, so take a shower and head to bed." He nodded his head and walked into the bathroom.

As I was getting dressed, I was trying to figure out by Jake pretty much bailed on his patrol. That wasn't like him, so it had to have been big. Maybe something happened to Billy, I'd have to go check and make sure. Or maybe it was something to do with your imprint dumbass

Unfortunately that thought only made me dress quickly and run towards Jake's house. Running up the steps, I immediately started knocking. When no one answered, I banged on the door. When it opened, a very tired Billy answered.

"Jared, what can I help you with this early in the morning?"

"Embry said Jake freaked out so I wanted to make sure everything was alright." I said walking into the house; Billy has moved aside inviting me in.

"Everything's fine, now. Just a little bit of a rough night." Well that just gives you a lot of fucking information now don't it. Billy raised his eyebrow at me. It was in that moment I knew. Billy knew that I had imprinted on his daughter.

"How's Bella?" I mumbled.

"Jared, she's in a lot of pain. She is hurting tremendously and has bad ways of handling it. I know that she drinks, she has a police record, but last night was the first night it happened here. Well at least to the best of my knowledge. Do you know what might have caused it?"

"Yeah, I guess maybe. I imprinted on her yesterday. She ran from me, and it was the worst pain I have ever been in." I sighed. This is not the conversation I wanted to have. My body was begging me to check on her, just to see that she was alright with my own eyes.

"She's in her room, go check on her." I nodded at him and stood, almost running towards the pull.

The closer I got to her room, it seemed like the more nervous I got. I hesitated outside her door, just listening. The ache in my chest almost disappeared, and just listening to her even breathing and heartbeat, I knew I could die right now, and I would be happy.

Knowing that she was asleep, I cracked her door open. What I saw broke my heart. She was laying in her bed, and a position that looked completely uncomfortable. Pain was etched on her face, and she mumbled James in her sleep. My heart broke a million times over with just that name. She wasn't going to let him go, she didn't want me. I started to close the door when her mumble stopped me.

"Jared." She whispered as the smallest of smiles played around her lips.

In that moment, I knew I was a fucking goner. I could fight this imprint all I wanted, but it wouldn't do me any good. I would do everything for her. I wanted to get to know her, and hold her. I wanted her in my arms and never let her go.

I had to force myself to leave her room before I crawled into bed with her. Walking out, I ran smack into Jake. Can anyone say fuck!

"Jared, what the fuck man!" He yelled.

"Shut up and go to the kitchen before you wake her up!" I whisper yelled.

He threw me a glare but walked into the kitchen. Billy looked at Jake then me and a smirk playin on his face.

"Boys." Billy greeted.

"Whatever, Jared why were you in my sisters room?" Hmm to tell him or not to tell him? The look he gave me, I knew I better tell him.

"I'm not some stalker or some shit. Damn man, give me some credit." I looked down to my hands. "She's my imprint." I swear I sat there for like five minutes, no one making a sound. I looked up at Jake, ready for a fight, but instead the fucker laughed, laughed!

"Dude, good luck with that. She's a bitch, and a sweetheart. She's constantly pms'ing and bitching."

I growled. Who was he to talk about my imprint like that? I felt myself start shaking, which caused Jake to throw up his arms.

"Dude chill." I calmed, but only slightly.

"Jared, I think you should wait to tell her. She's not ready for it." Billy spoke softly.

"I agree. She needs some more time to heal, before she even finds out about us."

I kept my distance as much as I could for two weeks. Two fucking weeks! It was killing me, but I kept my eye on Bella. She looked to be constantly in pain. Not just emotional pain, but physical. Was she feeling the imprint?

It was one of our normal days, sitting at Jakes house watching TV, the day that I felt a shift. I went to the kitchen to get Billy a drink and was walking back to the living room when I heard a door shut. I looked down the hall and saw Bella coming out of the bathroom.

I groaned seeing her in a white tank top and shorts. I noticed a small limp, but let it go. She was kind of clumsy.

I got to the living room and gave Billy his drink and sat back down. Something was bothering me, and it was making me irritated as hell. I couldn't get comfortable and everything irritated me. Growling I got up and went to the bathroom to slash some water on my face.

I opened the door and stopped dead in my tracks. I knew that smell, blood. I looked around a little bit and saw a gauze piece in the trash with blood on it. Only the blood smelt, off. It didn't smell right.

There was something completely wrong. I growled and started to shake. The front door opened and I smelled Leah. I rolled my eyes and walked out to the living room. Leah passed me in the hall and I swear she tried to shove me into the wall. Ha! Keep trying there hunny.

When I got out there, Jake and Billy where still watching TV. I groaned knowing this was going to be embarrassing.

"What's wrong Jared?" Billy asked. I looked at him a little bit worried. Was he going to try shooting me?

"Ok so… um… this is really… embarrassing and please don't kill me!" Billy and Jake nodded their heads for me to continue. "Is Bella like… um… on her period?" I ground out really fucking fast.

"Dude! That's fucking gross!" Jake yelled.

"Why would you ask?" Billy stumbled out.

"Well, there was blood in the bathroom, and it smelled like I don't know, weird?" I mumbled.

"No Jared, I don't think she is. If she was, your wolf would be trying to… mark her." I watch as Billy blushed. Hell it should be me blushing!

Paul walked through the door and I knew the conversation was over. We watched TV for a little bit longer and just talked. I heard Leah and Bella come out of her room. My anger fucking flared when I noticed Bella was limping.

I stood up and stared her down. I would know what was fucking wrong with her, even if it was the last thing I would do.

"Bella, why are you limping?" I mumbled out. I saw her flinch from my voice. I was about to step forward when a hand shot out to grab my shoulder. I looked back and wanted to laugh. Paul was looking at Leah, and I knew that look, the poor fucker had just imprinted.

"I'm not limping." Bella almost shouted. Her voice was enough to pull me back to the here and now, the Jared and Bella. Paul would just have to wait.

"Don't fucking lie to me." I said.

"You aint my fucking dad! I don't have to tell you ditily shit fucker!" I could see the pain briefly in her eyes. So she was defiantly feeling the imprint. She started walking away from me and I lost it. I fallowed her outside with everyone on our heels.

"Isabella, stop and look at me." I watched as her body froze and turned towards me. I could see the fire light in her eyes. Oh fuck!

"Excuse me!" She screamed.

"Why are you limping?"

"Fuck you!" She screamed. She turned around and ran. I started going after her, feeling everyone fallow me once again.

"Stay!" I yelled towards them.

I fallowed her scent down towards the beach. I could smell Bella, tears, salt and ….. blood? I ran towards her smell and stopped once I saw her.

What I saw broke my heart. Bella sat in the sand holding her leg crying.

"Why did you have to leave me? We were so happy and then you just fucking left me! Why did you have to try to save me, you should have just let me die!" She screamed.

"Bella." I said softly as to not scare her.

"What!" She snapped.

"Talk to me, please?" I begged.

"Fuck you!" She screamed again, standing up.

My vision went to her leg and I went numb. There on her right leg was blood soaking through her jeans. Everything rushed to me so fucking fast, it dropped me to my knees.

Me running and pain shooting through my leg for no reason. Blood in the bathroom, but Bella not on her period. Sam's and mine conversation.


"Well what the fuck makes me ready now?"


"Only you can answer that Jared, because I don't know. It might have nothing to do with you, but that this is the time that your imprint needs you. Jared, all I can is try; Bella has had a…. rough couple of months to put it lightly."


And lastly, Billy's words that he spoke to me two weeks ago.


"Jared, she's in a lot of pain. She is hurting tremendously and has bad ways of handling it. I know that she drinks, she has a police record, but last night was the first night it happened here. Well at least to the best of my knowledge. Do you know what might have caused it?"

It hit me like a ton of bricks and I felt like the world had just landed on my chest. I started gasping for breath, trying to get a handle on what this information meant. My imprint was so unhappy she was physically harming herself.

"Why Bella?" Her head snapped to me so fast, I'm surprised she didn't break it.

"Why? You want to know why! I lost my entire family and it's my fault. Then James, oh James. Why did you have to save me? Why didn't you protect yourself?" She screamed. It hurt to hear her talk about him, but I knew she needed to do this. "He just had to save me. I loved him so much. He was my everything! If I hadn't of wanted to go to that party they would still be here, and I wouldn't be stuck here, in Podunkville! Then I wouldn't have to look at you! I hate you for the way you make me feel! I hate you for thinking you could hold me and everything will be fine. I hate you for caring. I fucking hate you for making me want to stop doing this. But most of all, I really fucking hate you for making me want to move forward, like this shitty fucking life is worth living for!"

"You didn't answer why." I pushed her. I had a feeling that if I didn't push her now, it would never make its way to the surface.

"Why, because it's the only fucking thing in my life I have control over! I can control the pain my body goes through. I can control how often I feel that physical pain. When I feel the cold blade touch my warm skin, I know everything will be just fine, even if for a few minutes. I love the pain that I get when the blade pushes down into my skin and drags along. I love the way my skin spreads to let the blood push forward."

"Bella, let me help you." I spoke softly walking towards her. Everything she just said, I just had to hold her. Once I got to her, I touched her cheek and looked into her eyes. I couldn't help it, I felt the pull go crazy, and softly brushed my lips against hers. Big fucking mistake! She pulled back and fucking punched me.

"Didn't I tell you that if you ever touched me again, I would cut your dick off and feed it to the wolves?" She yelled.

I smirked at her, that was until she let out this ear piercing scream. I watched as she grabbed her leg and her eyes rolled back.

"Bella!" I yelled and lunged forward. I caught her in time before she hit the sand. "Sam!" I yelled before pain shot through me. I slipped to the sand, holding Bella in my arms and my world went dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment